E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally BMW got hold of me

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

i had the exactly same problem before, couldnt start up, and couldnt jump from underneath the hood, but ok if i did it direct to the battery in the trunk

went to indy shop, they tested the battery ok, went to bmw, they tested ok, and battery all charged up
been to different bmw many times, finally one time, after they told me to go home, they couldnt start up, like 2 minutes ago car was still running when they worked on it

so they changed the battery, everything ok until now
oh, by the way, they tried to charge me $450, because i didnt drive 7500 per year, which was BS
Old 10-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by fast
I think CPO program itself is stupid.
Not sure what the CPO program has to do with your battery issue? CPO is basically just a glorified power-train warranty. There are many threads here of people having the same battery issue, which often isn't changed out under even the full bumper-to-bumper new car warranty. If it took two hours to start the car with jumpers, the battery was beyond depleted and would never hold a charge as close to as well as a healthy battery.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I was told that BMW NEVER changes a battery or rarely... With only a two year warranty I have been told that the Stealership with search your car for any evidence of item they can say caused the battery failure. Such as a simple radar detector plugged in, a replaced bulb that is not oem or of the correct size. It's crazy! I had a repair made and asked them to see what all I needed to have fixed. The battery was first on the list. The price they quoted me was $654.00!!! There is NO way I would ever spend such amount on a battery. They also said the battery was 249.00 so I guess the remaining amount was for installation and programming? WOW!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I was told that BMW NEVER changes a battery or rarely... With only a two year warranty I have been told that the Stealership with search your car for any evidence of item they can say caused the battery failure.
Myself and at least a few others on here have had the battery replaced under the original 4-year warranty, can't recall anyone off the top of my head that had luck when it was under CPO.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Alpine White Options: Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Black Dakota Leather, Folding Rear Seat Mods: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 Software, Dinan High Flow Intake System, Dinan High Flow Throttle Body, Carbon Fiber Front Strut Tower Brace, HID 8000k Fogs, LED Super White Side Markers Coming Soon: HID 8000k Angel Eyes and Lowbeams

I was told that BMW NEVER changes a battery or rarely... With only a two year warranty I have been told that the Stealership with search your car for any evidence of item they can say caused the battery failure. Such as a simple radar detector plugged in, a replaced bulb that is not oem or of the correct size. It's crazy! I had a repair made and asked them to see what all I needed to have fixed. The battery was first on the list. The price they quoted me was $654.00!!! There is NO way I would ever spend such amount on a battery. They also said the battery was 249.00 so I guess the remaining amount was for installation and programming? WOW!
I had my battery changed under warranty at the dealer at 48k miles no questions asked, no money out of pocket. My HID angels eyes were installed, which have a power cable connected to the battery, it was never brought up.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

I was told that BMW NEVER changes a battery or rarely...
As stated by others my dealer replaced my battery once when I bought the car July 2009 and another one week before the OEM warranty expired this past April 2011. I was also told it has a two year replacemnt part warranty on it as well. Some dealers do it right.