E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

finally ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

to buy back my car.
Today marked the 39th day that my car has been in service, and day 14 of this times service visit, i stopped in this AM to express my disappointment with my current car to my SA, and her manager. My sales guy happened to show up, so i had him join in.
a regional rep was scheduled to stop in today for about 90 minutes or so to look at some accessories ..... however ended up spending nearly 2 hours reviewing my car, and case notes.
he agreed to have BMW buy back/exchange the car.

I should be getting more info within the next 2 weeks on the details .. as for how much it will cost me & so forth.

car facts:
'04 530i
Purchased/leased: Nov 1, 2004 (6 months & a few days old)
milage: 10,000
cost: $57,000
Days spent in service: 39
Visits to service: 6
reprogrammed: 4

!!!!!!!!! TO all the guys with the moving seat issue !!!!!!!
right now BMW is trying to have that issue resolved ... no matter what the outcome of my negotiations with BMW later on, they are still trying to resolve this ...

My service/parts department has ordered & installed new seat rails 4 times now, and each of them do the same thing, they keep moveing - today i had the service manager check into this, and he got news from BMW of DE/US that the US warehouse seems to be having some issues with the seat rails - wrong ones have been stocked/shipped/listed ..... he said he had to order new ones right from germany as the US warehouse seem to have bad ones that they do keep/ship for purpose of completely broken ones. he said the ones from germany should be fixing this issue.

i will def post up whether or not this fixes the issue, if it does, you guys could let your local dealer into the secret & get your seat fixed too.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

Your all over the place if your going for a refund you should get the cost of you car back minus $4750 for offset usage (ie tires and what not) you will also get your tax back. If are going for a replacement they should swap it out for free for a new one with and extra 5% to add to the msrp so you could get a car with a msrp of whatever the sticker is + 5% so if you got you car under sticker they will give you an extra 5% over stick to get a new car. If BMW doesnt offer you this fuck them and go through the state.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

What happens to 'Buy Back' vehicles? I assume this information is included in CarFax/Autocheck so the dealers can't pass these off an eBay as ordinary used cars.