E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Feedback on dealership responses to DSC Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i with sports package
Arrow

I have seen in many posts that there is clearly a problem with the DSC or SZL on 06 or higher e60s. However, I am wondering how many people were offered a loaner vs. a rental car. I am paying for this car as it sits at the dealership for 2 weeks to wait for a module and it feels like I am burning money while I drive a Dodge Stratus. Any suggestions?? My dealership is Crevier...they claim they have no loaners but this just seems unacceptable... :thumbsdown:
Old 07-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by calbmw06' post='305983' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:29 AM
I have seen in many posts that there is clearly a problem with the DSC or SZL on 06 or higher e60s. However, I am wondering how many people were offered a loaner vs. a rental car. I am paying for this car as it sits at the dealership for 2 weeks to wait for a module and it feels like I am burning money while I drive a Dodge Stratus. Any suggestions?? My dealership is Crevier...they claim they have no loaners but this just seems unacceptable... :thumbsdown:
Try reasoning with your service advisor. Do not be rude, but just ask politely and that it just doesn't seem fair. Crevier has ALOT of loaners, but at the same time they sell ton of cars and equally service ton of cars. Loaners are reserved for people who bought the car at Crevier. Loaner reservations are usually required 2 weeks or more in advance.

Anyways there is a national backorder for the SZL so alot of people are in your situation unfortunately
Old 07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SaintK' post='305984' date='Jul 1 2006, 11:47 PM
Try reasoning with your service advisor. Do not be rude, but just ask politely and that it just doesn't seem fair. Crevier has ALOT of loaners, but at the same time they sell ton of cars and equally service ton of cars. Loaners are reserved for people who bought the car at Crevier. Loaner reservations are usually required 2 weeks or more in advance.

Anyways there is a national backorder for the SZL so alot of people are in your situation unfortunately
Yah I understand your point but I did give them a week notice and was very willing to give them more time if needed for a loaner. They just insisted that because it will take 2 weeks that I will not be able to get a loaner. Actually they specifically told me that loaners are for "service" items not safety?!?.... I love the car and it was sold to me in a very friendly manner, it's just that having a car for 2 months and then giving it up with no replacement isn't exactly ideal. They make it seem like it's my fault for the issue.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i, 6s manual, Titanium Gray / Black Leather, M AeroKit, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation System, Comfort Seat, Heated and Folding Rear Seats, Rear Sun Shade System.

I had the problem with the SZL on my car last Saturday (6/24/06). I brought the car to the dealer on Monday morning but he did not have a loaner. He told me that it was ok to drive the car moderately and to come back that evening because loaners are usually returned at that time. Sure enough, he called me at about 4pm and said to bring in my car because 3 loaners came back. I ended up getting a 06 325. Surely one loaner car would have been returned in the 2 weeks that your car was in the shop? Maybe you can ask your service guy when the next loaner will be returned and reserve it for you?

BTW, it took them 3 days to repair my car. This is what my service guy told me. They put a replacement unit in but it tured out to be defective! They put a second one in and it worked. Lucky for me that the second one worked because it would be a month before they would get anymore of those units! Hm, seems like there is something wrong with this steering angle sensor thing.

Hope you get a better loaner car. Good luck!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Yet Another Paul' post='305987' date='Jul 2 2006, 12:05 AM
I had the problem with the SZL on my car last Saturday (6/24/06). I brought the car to the dealer on Monday morning but he did not have a loaner. He told me that it was ok to drive the car moderately and to come back that evening because loaners are usually returned at that time. Sure enough, he called me at about 4pm and said to bring in my car because 3 loaners came back. I ended up getting a 06 325. Surely one loaner car would have been returned in the 2 weeks that your car was in the shop? Maybe you can ask your service guy when the next loaner will be returned and reserve it for you?

BTW, it took them 3 days to repair my car. This is what my service guy told me. They put a replacement unit in but it tured out to be defective! They put a second one in and it worked. Lucky for me that the second one worked because it would be a month before they would get anymore of those units! Hm, seems like there is something wrong with this steering angle sensor thing.

Hope you get a better loaner car. Good luck!
Wow thanks for the heads up. SaintK definitely has a very good point about how busy Crevier is and I will reason with them. But at the same time your right I saw a lady leaving with a loaner 325i and I have no problem driving a used one off the used car lot or wherever they get them. It just seems so unnatural to drive something other than a BMW while I wait. Also, if anyone out there has delt with Crevier recently about this issue any pointers would be great! Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by calbmw06' post='305986' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:54 AM
Yah I understand your point but I did give them a week notice and was very willing to give them more time if needed for a loaner. They just insisted that because it will take 2 weeks that I will not be able to get a loaner. Actually they specifically told me that loaners are for "service" items not safety?!?.... I love the car and it was sold to me in a very friendly manner, it's just that having a car for 2 months and then giving it up with no replacement isn't exactly ideal. They make it seem like it's my fault for the issue.
Well try talking with your SA first to see if he can accomodate you, but if not then talk to the service manager. I guess Crevier doesn't like to tie up the loaners for too long. Again, be polite about it. This goes a LOOOOONG way trust me. If all else fails, try asking for the car back and see if you can just bring it back when they get the part in. I don't know if they are able to release a car like that though...SZL replacement doesn't take too long (about an hr, BUT depending on the work load of the shop, can and probably will take longer).
Old 07-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SaintK' post='305989' date='Jul 2 2006, 12:11 AM
Well try talking with your SA first to see if he can accomodate you, but if not then talk to the service manager. I guess Crevier doesn't like to tie up the loaners for too long. Again, be polite about it. This goes a LOOOOONG way trust me. If all else fails, try asking for the car back and see if you can just bring it back when they get the part in. I don't know if they are able to release a car like that though...SZL replacement doesn't take too long (about an hr, BUT depending on the work load of the shop, can and probably will take longer).

Yes you are right politeness keeps the ball in my court. They will let me have the car back but only after I sign a mandated "release of liability" form. This mandate has been sent directly from BMW of Germany for all cars with this issue. Hmm I don't feel to enthusiastic about driving a car that "may" have a steering issue...cause me to crash and well...i signed that form.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by calbmw06' post='305990' date='Jul 2 2006, 03:16 AM
Yes you are right politeness keeps the ball in my court. They will let me have the car back but only after I sign a mandated "release of liability" form. This mandate has been sent directly from BMW of Germany for all cars with this issue. Hmm I don't feel to enthusiastic about driving a car that "may" have a steering issue...cause me to crash and well...i signed that form.
Unless you have active steering, I wouldn't worry about it. DSC operation is affected, but your steering isn't going to do weird things unless you have active steering
Old 07-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SaintK' post='305997' date='Jul 2 2006, 12:53 AM
Unless you have active steering, I wouldn't worry about it. DSC operation is affected, but your steering isn't going to do weird things unless you have active steering
Ah ok thats good information to know. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi Build: Sep 2005 Del: May 2006 Ti Silver | Black | Premium Pkg. | Cold Weath. | Step | Xenon Adapt.

Originally Posted by calbmw06' post='305983' date='Jul 2 2006, 01:29 AM
I have seen in many posts that there is clearly a problem with the DSC or SZL on 06 or higher e60s. However, I am wondering how many people were offered a loaner vs. a rental car.
When mine went in for the SZL they initially offered a loaner, but when diagnosed switched to an Enterprise rental. I was in a position to just use my A4, but when it went back to repair the dealer inflicted body damage they gave me an X5 loaner for the duration without prompting.

Bottom line, if they think it will tie up a loaner for a while, it seems they try to put you in a rental, but if it is routine service or a problem they caused, you get a loaner. That's ok in my situation today, but if I didn't have my own back-up I'd politely remind the service adivisor that my sales advisor promised a loaner regardless of out of service time.

Quick Reply: Feedback on dealership responses to DSC Problem!!!