E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Features I wish my car had

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='843560' date='Apr 11 2009, 12:52 AM
What? I need this feature!
You only have to hold the lock button for a few seconds and you will see that all windows (the sunroof includes) wil shut. If you hold the unlock-button for a few seonds, all windows open.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Silver Metallic w/Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Poplar Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close. Mods: RPI Exhaust, Scoop + FIlter, License plate LED lights

Originally Posted by irshad' post='843871' date='Apr 11 2009, 01:42 PM
You only have to hold the lock button for a few seconds and you will see that all windows (the sunroof includes) wil shut. If you hold the unlock-button for a few seonds, all windows open.

Same here in Asia..we can close windows and sunroof using the key.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='843815' date='Apr 11 2009, 01:41 AM
I'm rapidly geting to the point where I would like a rocket launcher in my car to "take care" of all the idiots on the road who take everyone elses lives in their hands so they can drive like maniacs! That and all the M5 stuff posted above!!
Come on Puck. Just settle for a train horn!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

The right side trunk "pit" on my E60 has a battery in it.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='843815' date='Apr 11 2009, 01:41 AM
I'm rapidly geting to the point where I would like a rocket launcher in my car to "take care" of all the idiots on the road who take everyone elses lives in their hands so they can drive like maniacs! That and all the M5 stuff posted above!!
+1 on that flyingpuck. Maybe we could mod your rocket launcher to a heat seeking missle launcher.

Oh, I forgot, besides the M5 stuff I mentioned above, I could sure use the M5 mirrors.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Members

I used to have a 2002 745 and had enabled the function in iDrive to lock all the doors automatically. After turning off the car (start/stop button), all the doors would automatically unlock. While I had that car a software update stopped that function. The doors would no longer automatically unlock when the car was turned off

I am about to take delivery of a 2010 550i. I've been in a MB S550 the last two years and I wish a couple of features it had would make their way to the BMW. The MB PDC system is nice. In addition to having a row of LED's above the rear window that display how close you're getting to an object when backing up (easily seen from the rear view mirror or with your head turned over your shoulder looking through the rearview window), the front PDC sensors are automatically activated when the car slows to <5 mph. This is a great feature that saves you from having to push the PDC button, as you do in the BMW, when you're pulling up to something close (parallel parking, garage, etc.).

Also, the MB NAV, even if no destination is input, will always display what street you are on, which I find helpful. My recollection is BMW will give you longitude and latitude, which I don't find very helpful.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by RMG007' post='844093' date='Apr 11 2009, 03:07 PM
I used to have a 2002 745 and had enabled the function in iDrive to lock all the doors automatically. After turning off the car (start/stop button), all the doors would automatically unlock. While I had that car a software update stopped that function. The doors would no longer automatically unlock when the car was turned off

I am about to take delivery of a 2010 550i. I've been in a MB S550 the last two years and I wish a couple of features it had would make their way to the BMW. The MB PDC system is nice. In addition to having a row of LED's above the rear window that display how close you're getting to an object when backing up (easily seen from the rear view mirror or with your head turned over your shoulder looking through the rearview window), the front PDC sensors are automatically activated when the car slows to <5 mph. This is a great feature that saves you from having to push the PDC button, as you do in the BMW, when you're pulling up to something close (parallel parking, garage, etc.).

Also, the MB NAV, even if no destination is input, will always display what street you are on, which I find helpful. My recollection is BMW will give you longitude and latitude, which I don't find very helpful.
"Current Position" in the assistance window should give you the street. Plus that map display could show it.

Also, re the MB PDC, in city traffic, stop and start, isn't it a pain for it to beep every time you pull up to a traffic light or come to a stop on the interstate? I never get that close to cars in front of me, but the BMW system would start a slow beep.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

I manually turn my PDC on when at stop lights from time-to-time when I think that someone is too close to me... What I find interesting lately, when I find thst someone has been too close, I've notice their car to be MB's..... hmmmmm.... makes you think...
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='844128' date='Apr 11 2009, 01:09 PM
"Current Position" in the assistance window should give you the street. Plus that map display could show it.

Also, re the MB PDC, in city traffic, stop and start, isn't it a pain for it to beep every time you pull up to a traffic light or come to a stop on the interstate? I never get that close to cars in front of me, but the BMW system would start a slow beep.
On the MB, just toggling on the NAV on the speedometer dashboard display (not iDrive like console display) shows constantly changing street names and direction.

MB PDC does not beep on front sensors and only on rear when you're in "red zone"
Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Members

I wish my car had specific pocket/pockets for sunglassess.A previous Ford Mondeo I had had one built flush into roof lining and I found it very useful.

Quick Reply: Features I wish my car had