E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"Face Lifted" E60 Spy Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I see what you're saying about the fog lights but I wouldn't be surprised if they are still located at the outside edges. What's visible in the photo might be the adaptive cruise control sensor since it looks like there's only one lens visible. I see where there is a hole on the opposite side but it's tough to say whether or not that's for fog lights or it's just there as part of the disguise.

It looks to me like they've just blocked out the areas where the fogs will be...
Old 01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's why I think that it may be more likely that this is a test mule than a facelifted E60:

Although BMW used to have minor facelifts such as lights and bumpers they stopped doing that a few years back in favor of more drastic facelifts. If you look at the E39 there was no body changes involved in the facelift. A pre-facelift E39 owner could easily change out the front and rear lights and bumpers and their car would look the same as the facelifted E39. However, with later models the change was more drastic (and I am not only talking about the E65 7 series). The E46, and the X5 had not only the lights and bumpers changed, but even the fenders, hoods, and kidney grills. The changes were very noticable and you could not just make your old X5 or E46 look like the facelifted ones by just replacing lights and bumpers, you would also need new fenders, new hood, etc.

I would be very happy if the changes to the facelifted E60 is limited to just lights and bumpers like the old days (without the actual shape of the lights changing), but with the recent trend of more drastic facelifts I don't know if BMW would go back to minor facelifts. Let's hope that BMW is indeed moving towards more subtle changes. The new facelifted Z4 seems to be somewhere in between the subtle changes of past BMW facelifts and the more drastic chnaged of recent years. The rear lights for the roadster (not coupe) has a different shaped "dip" in the bumper, so you can't just change the rear lights to get an updated look for an older Z4, you would also need the rear bumper. However, the front lights look like they have exactly the same shape as the old lights and may be interchangeable (as far as I can tell from pictures). Even with the new facelifted Z4 roadster (not coupe) the lights in the rear have a different shape, however, the front lights look like they are probably the same shape. It also looks like the body panels and hood are the same ones as the pre-facelifted Z4. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do with the E60. I hope that if they change the lights that they would keep the shape of the lights the same as ours so that we can replace ours with the new ones (hopefully LED taillights).

One more thing, to me the rear license plate surrounds in the picture look like the fake plastic panel material that BMW uses to disguise their test cars and not a real panel.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Contributors

Hmm...after seeing the 7 series, I was actually expecting and looking forward to changes that were a bit more dramatic.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

I prefer the look as it is now. IMO no big change so why there will be facelift? it's only wrinkle plastic-surgery
Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Rudy
Not saying I dont like white man, just it dont resell here well, white in our winters just dont go the car looks forever dirty.

If they are updating the five hope they ditch the run flats they suck and make the ride bad.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I never felt you were saying you didn't like white -- I've just heard so many times about the fact that they don't sell well in the UK and that the resale value is terrible. I just don't fully understand why.

We have some terrible winters here too but there's still a ton of white cars on the road. As discussed in the other Alpine White threads, white actually looks cleaner when dirty than many other colors so I don't agree with the "forever dirty" concept (although I understand that there is a common perception that white gets dirty faster...)

It's just funny how different cultures/countries can have such opposing views on things, isn't it?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Is it just me or does the MB in the picture look like an ugly Ford??