E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eywa has heard you

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a forum dedicated, or at least justified to performance, I am not feeling a lot of 'green' energy here, and that is part of what attracts me to this board.

My theory on the whole petroleum thing is this: As long as we have fuel to burn, we will use it; fact. So lets keep big engines under our hoods and burn through this stuff so we can all move on with our lives.

EDIT: if anything we are making the biggest global impact of anyone because every gallon burnt is a gallon less available since this is not a replenishable resource. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Contributors

HUH
Old 07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Contributors

Haha. Touche.

This doesn't take away from the fact that you obviously lack the patience to read into a statement.

EDIT: Dually edited (You get it)
Old 07-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Members

Angry

But, oil IS a renewable resource.... The whole "peak oil" deal is BS and they're just raping the masses (them asses?) again like in the 70s.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Contributors

It is a readily available resource, but renewable has a whole different meaning. I feel you though, the 70's were a panic era concerning gasoline. It reminds me of 2012, in the 1400's, Europe, people thought that society had advanced so far that it could not conceivably go farther, therefore the end must be near. God, please save me from your followers.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by iCharles
It is a readily available resource, but renewable has a whole different meaning.

Yep, that's why I stated it IS RENEWABLE, and specifically didn't say "readily available".
Old 07-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

At the end of the day, people want to feel the power of a powerful engine.

we could all drive electric, hybrid or otherwise economical engines, but we want to plant the food and feel the power. for those who do not care about the power, I suspect the costs are their concern - when have you seen an economic car (and I am talking about the 5series and equivalents) which is cheaper than the comparable non-economic car?
Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 AM
A90
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My motto is "Don't worry about going green, worry more about having green"
Old 07-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iCharles
Haha. Touche.

This doesn't take away from the fact that you obviously lack the patience to read into a statement.

EDIT: Dually edited (You get it)

You're a jerk.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Howitzer
You're a jerk.
Oh snap, hahaha

The hybrid car does more damage to the environment then petroleum they say, I wouldve believed that till this BP thing. From what I remember though it was the batteries for the hybrid/electric car are mined from the earth(destroying it) then shipped and processed into lithium in Canada, then shipped(via petroleum) to china where they're assembled, then shipped to japan where they're assembled, then shipped back to the US in the form of a prius, or insight. That IMO is just as bad. and they're still using petroleum to ship? So where's the benefit?

Quick Reply: Eywa has heard you