E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exterior Color Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hello Everyone!

I've finally had the chance to update the Exterior Color Gallery on the main web site. The URL is:

http://www.e60.net/information/options/exterior/

Pictures of Platinum Bronze are missing. I have PM'd a member with this car color and hopefully i'll have those pictures up shortly. Please check it out and if you notice any errors, let me know. Also, if any pictures look old or outdated and you have some better ones to replace them with please let me know so I can add them to the gallery. Ideally i'd like to have about 15 - 25 pictures of each car color as smaller thumbnails on each page which can be clicked on to bring up the higher resolution photo. Or is it fine as it is with 3 - 6 large shots on the one page?

Also, I'll be working on the Engines page next and then Wheels and Interior pages. For the wheels I'd like to replace the official BMW pictures with owner taken pictures. I'd eventually like to replace the E61 Touring and M5 official pictures with owner taken pictures also but one thing at a time.

Let me know whatcha think!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Well done job, however I think you are missing also the two red colours, the actual Barbera red and the no more produced ...red. (I do not remember its name and I do not have any old catalogue at home.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by ///Marco.it' post='477630' date='Oct 3 2007, 05:10 PM
Well done job, however I think you are missing also the two red colours, the actual Barbera red and the no more produced ...red. (I do not remember its name and I do not have any old catalogue at home.
The color gallery typically covers the "standard" colors but not the individual options. As result, the Barbera red, which is an Individual color ( I think! ) is not listed. There is an Indianapolis Red available on the M5...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Great job Mark! Looks great. Some nice colors out there. Gonna be a tough choice when it comes time to get a new car...
Old 10-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='477671' date='Oct 4 2007, 02:41 AM
The color gallery typically covers the "standard" colors but not the individual options. As result, the Barbera red, which is an Individual color ( I think! ) is not listed. There is an Indianapolis Red available on the M5...
Barbera Red (A 039) and the previous Kupfer Red (A 06) are standard and not individual colours.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Good work Mark -- these pages are particularly useful for those considering which colour to go for with their new ride... or simply dreaming about the next ride

What would help is to have pictures of cars from both the US and Europe, because the paint does look different under the Californian sun compared to for example London in autumn!

Maybe also m-sport and non m-sport versions in the sections as well

If you need some help gathering example pictures, just PM me with what you need and I'll go find...
Old 10-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='477626' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:40 PM
For the wheels I'd like to replace the official BMW pictures with owner taken pictures.
Well done on then update. I have posted a picture of the style 244 wheels on my car when it was just a day old, so they still look very fresh, however, I need to experiment how to forward this post to you. I will see if this works...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=attach...st&id=47872

LM

It did sort of...!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by ///Marco.it' post='477807' date='Oct 4 2007, 02:35 AM
Barbera Red (A 039) and the previous Kupfer Red (A 06) are standard and not individual colours.
Sorry, then I guess Lomag is showing our American centric point of view because these colors are not available in North America, at least in the U.S., but I wish they were...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I can surely add the red colors if you have some pictures for me, the option code, and the model years it was available. I'll list it as not available in the U.S.

As I was updating the engine pages I began listing the model years certain engines were available directly on the main index page. I realized it was nice too see BMW's progresssion in engine upgrades over time as we're keeping a full history of current engines and "No Longer In Production" engines. So with that in mind I went back to the exterior color gallery and added the model years each color was available. That info was always available on the detailed pages but I believe that little bit of info is very useful on the main index to get a quick snapshot of BMW's current and previous offerings.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The colors are even too unchangeable compared to the engine upgrades that has happened since March '05.

Both gas (Benzin) and Diesel engines have developed incredible fast.

We have seen a lot of TU engines also. Needs to be find out what this "TU" exactly means.
With the old M52 engines "TU" meant a developed version with the Valvetronic features.
It could mean double Vanos and more hp, Nm and lower emissions + programming.

This fine Forum now have members with a huge amount of different engines, all with their own characteristics.

To put in gasoline into the flames, the gearbox varieties are also growing.
Stick shifts are still all about the same, but we have autogearboxes of different kind + the (old) SMG and new Sport ones...

Quick Reply: Exterior Color Gallery