E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

So guys my car currently has 40K miles on it. It does not have BMW Warranty anymore. I was looking to get an extended warranty on the car and got a quote from Easycare.com. Their quote was for 3/36K miles for $3600 flat.

The coverage covers

Engine

All internal, lubricated parts. Cylinder Block; Cylinder Head(s); Harmonic Balancer; Timing Chain, Timing Belt, Balance Shaft Belt, Gears, Pulleys, Guides and Tensioners; Oil Pump; Intake and Exhaust Manifold; Diesel Engine Vacuum Pump; Engine Mounts. The following parts are covered only if damaged by the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part: Cylinder Barrels, Timing Chain Cover, Valve Covers, Oil Pan and Rotor Housing.
Transmission / Transfer Case

Manual Transmission / Transfer Case: All internal, lubricated parts. Flywheel; Transmission Mounts; Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder. The following parts are covered only if damaged by the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part: Transmission Case, Oil Pan and Transfer Case.

Automatic Transmission / Transfer Case: All internal, lubricated parts. Flex Plate; Vacuum Modulator; Transmission Mounts. Torque Converter if internally damaged. The following parts are covered only if damaged by the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part: Transmission Case, Oil Pan and Transfer Case.
Drive Axle (Front/Rear)

All internal, lubricated parts. Drive Shafts; Axle Bearings; Drive Axles, Stub Axles, Tripod Joints; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints and Boots; Locking Hub Assembly. Drive Axle Housing if damaged due to the FAILURE of an internal, lubricated part.
Seals and Gaskets

Seals and Gaskets on all covered parts.
Taxes and Fluids

State and local taxes, where applicable, and fluids as required as part of a covered repair.
Air Conditioning

Condenser; Evaporator; Compressor; Accumulator; Receiver Dehydrator; Clutch, Pulley and Field Coil; Idler Pulley and Bearing; Expansion Valve; P.O.A. Valve; Orifice Tube.
Heating

HVAC Blower Motor; Heater Control Switch; Heating Cables; Heater Core. Fluids required as part of a covered repair.
Fuel System

Fuel Pump(s); Fuel Injectors; Fuel Injection Pump; Fuel Distributor; Fuel Tank; Metal Fuel Lines.
Cooling System

Water Pump; Radiator; Fan, Viscous Drive, Clutch and Motor; Condenser Fan; Cooling Fan Thermal Switch; Thermostat.
Braking System

ABS Control Unit, Wheel Sensors, Pump and Motor, Accumulator, Actuator Assembly; Master Cylinder; Vacuum/Hydraulic Assist Booster; Wheel Cylinders; Disc Brake Caliper, Pistons and Seals; Proportioning Valve; Metal Hydraulic Lines and Fittings.

what do u guys think? good price?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I looked into it a few months ago as well. Not this particular company but several others. Check to see if they are listed within the BB and what their rating is. Also google their name and look for complaints. Most of them are scams or rather they have selective payout. Obviously they are there to make money and not to lose... Maybe another place to check is with your finance co, or bank. sometimes better warranty companies are located through them... I'm just gonna pass on one. I have access to parts at cost and no of a great indy shop along with many personal friends that could fix it if I can't.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

I deal with easycare everyday at my dealer. All their plans are a joke except for the most expensive one which covers everything but a rip off in price. They are also very difficult to convince and they will ask the advisors a million question regarding the complaint and you have to be careful how you word it. They are not idiots. Personally i would not spend the money on an extended warranty especially them.

FYI. Now that they have your number they will keep calling you and if you ignore them for a week or two and then pick up the price will be much lower. They say its the managers special. Its a selling tacktict because there are ppl who will actually pay the quote on the first call.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Originally Posted by jay bimma
I deal with easycare everyday at my dealer. All their plans are a joke except for the most expensive one which covers everything but a rip off in price. They are also very difficult to convince and they will ask the advisors a million question regarding the complaint and you have to be careful how you word it. They are not idiots. Personally i would not spend the money on an extended warranty especially them.

FYI. Now that they have your number they will keep calling you and if you ignore them for a week or two and then pick up the price will be much lower. They say its the managers special. Its a selling tacktict because there are ppl who will actually pay the quote on the first call.

wow jay thank you. This is very informative..

would u recommend someone else for extended warranty? or dealers are they only way to go.