E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Extended a/c options unavailable ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [b]BMW530d Apr 2004[/b] – steptronic, sapphire black metallic, dakota leather beige, alloy wheels 17" style 138 – Bridgestone runflats, active steering, dynamic drive, adaptive xenon headlights, headlight washer system, servotronic, park distance control, glass sun roof, rain sensor, cruise control, heated front seats, advanced climate control, navigation business, hi-fi 10 speakers, lights package, interior - exterior dimming folding mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, tel voice recognition, bluetooth Sony-Ericsson T610 .....

Originally Posted by Stranger' date='Mar 16 2005, 12:20 PM
No I don't think it is now difficult. It's in fact simpler. Once you touch the vent setting, it goes into the manual mode for the side concerned. There is no need to have to click on the setting. It's implicit.
[snapback]102202[/snapback]
Sounds great ... if it works that way, it's even more comfortable, except that the Auto light in the dash being off, you get the impression that the automatic a/c is off ... not very logical.

I think that BMW should warn in some manner about the changes they make on the car setup vs the User Manual .... even the dealers are running mad ! :'(
Old 03-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by michelinou' date='Mar 16 2005, 05:48 AM
Sounds great ...? if it works that way, it's even more comfortable, except that the Auto light in the dash being off, you get the impression that the automatic a/c is off ... not very logical.? ?

I think that? BMW should warn in some manner about the changes they make on the car setup vs the User Manual .... even the dealers are running mad !? :'(
[snapback]102206[/snapback]
The only thing is the fan speed for both sides will still be automatic. So for the manual side if the foot well vent is set to max (and this normally blows warm air), and middle vent set to low while the temp is set to very low, I am not sure if the system will ever find the right temp. All I will hear is loud fan noise.
So I just leave the whole thing in auto mode and let the system do the work.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

The only thing is the fan speed for both sides will still be automatic. So for the manual side if the foot well vent is set to max (and this normally blows warm air), and middle vent set to low while the temp is set to very low, I am not sure if the system will ever find the right temp. All I will hear is loud fan noise.
So I just leave the whole thing in auto mode and let the system do the work.
All I hear is the fan noise...my a/c doesnt come on....could this possibly be the problem?