E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended a/c options unavailable ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [b]BMW530d Apr 2004[/b] – steptronic, sapphire black metallic, dakota leather beige, alloy wheels 17" style 138 – Bridgestone runflats, active steering, dynamic drive, adaptive xenon headlights, headlight washer system, servotronic, park distance control, glass sun roof, rain sensor, cruise control, heated front seats, advanced climate control, navigation business, hi-fi 10 speakers, lights package, interior - exterior dimming folding mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, tel voice recognition, bluetooth Sony-Ericsson T610 .....

Bizarre, bizarre !
The extended a/c system allows to choose for automatic a/c for both driver and passenger, or separately.
This option is shown on the Nav screen, a/c setup, with an icon at the left ('auto' for driver setup) and to the right ('auto' for passender setup) to be activated or not, according to the choice of having a/c atomated, or kept manual.
This is what the book says (see page 95), as on my Nav screen, no 'auto' option is shown. :'(

According to my dealer, it seems that these icons only appear if you have 'a large screen', i.o.w Navigation Professional.
With Nav Business, these options are not displayed and therefore not usable !

Strange to me that a/c options are also depending on the type of Navigation tool your car is equipped with !

All comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Extended a/c options unavailable ?-ventilbmw.jpg  
Old 03-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, michelinou ! i don't have nav and i remember i've seen those in my car's idrive screen. i have to double check .
Old 03-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by michelinou' date='Mar 15 2005, 04:22 PM
Bizarre, bizarre !
The extended a/c system allows to choose for automatic a/c for both driver and passenger, or separately.
This option is shown on the Nav screen, a/c setup, with an icon at the left ('auto' for driver setup) and to the right ('auto' for passender setup) to be activated or not, according to the choice of having a/c atomated, or kept manual.
This is what? the book says (see page 95), as on my Nav screen, no 'auto'? option is shown.? :'(

According to my dealer, it seems that these icons only appear if you have 'a large screen', i.o.w Navigation Professional.
With Nav Business, these options are not displayed and therefore not usable !?

Strange to me that a/c options are also depending on the type of Navigation tool your car is equipped with !?

All comments are welcome.
[snapback]102053[/snapback]
This is in the manual and was removed with CIP V12x. I guess they figured the auto buttons were redundant. If you adjust your vent settings in this window you will see the auto light on the dash switch off. Push the button and you will see your vent settings return to what they were before. This is nothing to do with screen size. I have the largest screen and ProNav.

Its not really that bizarre.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Dup post
Old 03-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Members

My Ride: [b]BMW530d Apr 2004[/b] – steptronic, sapphire black metallic, dakota leather beige, alloy wheels 17" style 138 – Bridgestone runflats, active steering, dynamic drive, adaptive xenon headlights, headlight washer system, servotronic, park distance control, glass sun roof, rain sensor, cruise control, heated front seats, advanced climate control, navigation business, hi-fi 10 speakers, lights package, interior - exterior dimming folding mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, tel voice recognition, bluetooth Sony-Ericsson T610 .....

Correct, I noticed that, but the difference to me is that with the software options you could handle both driver and passenger setup separately (e.g. one in auto mode and the other in manual), something that with 'the hardware button' you cannot.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by michelinou' date='Mar 15 2005, 04:40 PM
Correct, I noticed that, but the difference to me is that with the software options you could handle both driver and passenger setup separately (e.g. one in auto mode and the other in manual), something that with 'the hardware button' you cannot.?
[snapback]102063[/snapback]
I had that feature when I first took delivery in Europe. It did not work. They must have had a problem. My wife would turn the heat up and still get cold air. Now with auto on she can turn up the heat which automatically turns her vents to blow more in the footwell, while the driver side is cooler with more air from the dash. It works for me.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Members

Thanks a lot for the explaination ... at least I'm now capable of giving my dealer some information he is not aware of ....
Old 03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by michelinou' date='Mar 15 2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks a lot for the explaination ... at least I'm now capable of giving my dealer some information he is not aware of ....
[snapback]102073[/snapback]
Once the vent setting is touched, the auto light in the dash will go off. If it's the passenger's vents that have been touched, the driver's side is in the auto mode I believe. I have tried it because if I vary the temperature for the driver, I could see the vent setting change on its own; however changing the temperature for the passenger wouldn't have any effect on the vent setting. It makes sense. So you can still do manual setting for 1 and leave the other in the auto mode.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Members

My dad have nav prof and had the same like in the pic here above. But since he haves an software update (voice control added) that things are gone.

I don't like how it is now to difficult.

I have no idea why the changed it.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by BMW RULES' date='Mar 16 2005, 05:04 AM
My dad have nav prof and had the same like in the pic here above. But since he haves an software update (voice control added) that things are gone.

I don't like how it is now to difficult.

I have no idea why the changed it.
[snapback]102199[/snapback]
No I don't think it is now difficult. It's in fact simpler. Once you touch the vent setting, it goes into the manual mode for the side concerned. There is no need to have to click on the setting. It's implicit.

Quick Reply: Extended a/c options unavailable ?