E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Evo Rally Fan to 535d M Sport (NOOB)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D M Sport, Silver Grey, 19" 172 wheels, M rear spoiler, grey dakota leather, 522 bi-xenon headlights, 524 adaptive headlights 609 professional sat nav 612 assist 620 extended voice control 633 bluetooth phone prep 672 6 disc cd changer privacy glass.

Yes I have lurked on this site for a week or two in order to gauge the mood etc before I make my firstpost regarding my decision to buy a 535d M Sport in SILVER GREY with media pack and visability pack, leather etc ,etc (the options that you choose is important ??? yeah) My last three cars were lancer Evo's ranging from a VI,to the VII and finally an VIII MR. The Mitsubishi EVO's were very, VERY fast as you car loving people will allrready know, I'ts just that I got fed up with the crap build qualtiy and the fact that the earlier Evo incarnations were being "chaved up" and tarring the genuine enthusiast with the " I am a whopper as well" brush. The fact that I have ordered a fast diesel car has caused my friends to question my usually "cutting edge" motor choice with a certain amount of laughter. Oh how will have the last laugh when I get the car delivered in May I hope
Old 03-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Carbon Based Biped' post='263142' date='Mar 31 2006, 04:16 PM
Yes I have lurked on this site for a week or two in order to gauge the mood etc before I make my firstpost regarding my decision to buy a 535d M Sport in SILVER GREY with media pack and visability pack, leather etc ,etc (the options that you choose is important ??? yeah) My last three cars were lancer Evo's ranging from a VI,to the VII and finally an VIII MR. The Mitsubishi EVO's were very, VERY fast as you car loving people will allrready know, I'ts just that I got fed up with the crap build qualtiy and the fact that the earlier Evo incarnations were being "chaved up" and tarring the genuine enthusiast with the " I am a whopper as well" brush. The fact that I have ordered a fast diesel car has caused my friends to question my usually "cutting edge" motor choice with a certain amount of laughter. Oh how will have the last laugh when I get the car delivered in May I hope
Welcome and congrats. The 535d is a great car.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

congratulations....the evo is like a dream car to me. when i was a child.....
that car is just incredible,,,,im supprised to know about the built quality...that car has soo little that little shoudl go wrong....
but a big change of style indeed....
but the e60 is such a pretty car...that nobody can deny that....its so balanced so much fun to drive..and very comfortable at the highways..
Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 535D M Sport, Silver Grey, 19" 172 wheels, M rear spoiler, grey dakota leather, 522 bi-xenon headlights, 524 adaptive headlights 609 professional sat nav 612 assist 620 extended voice control 633 bluetooth phone prep 672 6 disc cd changer privacy glass.

Thank you Znod and madoon for the welcomes etc, The Mitsubishi Evo is a very fast car ( if you ever get the cance to drive one you will be startled (probably) by the accelleration when tuned to 380bhp, as was my last Gunmetal grey EVO VIII MR, it would worry sports bikes ( not beat ) on the British B roads and has certainly embarassed the odd Porsche from my local dealer when pushed on the Motoway............But it had a tupperware grade interior and cost ?600,00 every 4,500 miles....over 7 years of Evo running I have give up.After a few threads on the lancerregister in favour of the 535d sport,I orderd one with all the toys denied me after running a rally special for 7 years ............come on May.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Members

And I specced the option 172 19" wheels on my M Sport'd 535d, do I win a prize..............I can't believe the extra's TBH, after jap minimalism in the pursuit of optimum power to weight ratios, I find myself pondering main beam lights that autodip and ?130 armrest thingys that err' ..erm'..rests your arm in an executive way.

Is this what my future holds???
Old 03-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass.

Congrats CBB,
I've never driven an EVO - would like the chance.

You won't be disappointed with the 535d Sport - and the 19"s!? Great choice again. I've had my 535 with the 172's since Sept 05 in the Carbon black and it just looks amazing. You always get admiring looks from the guys with the 'runflats'.

Well done.

regards
Grafiker
Old 03-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Grafiker' post='263174' date='Mar 31 2006, 11:31 PM
Congrats CBB,
I've never driven an EVO - would like the chance.

You won't be disappointed with the 535d Sport - and the 19"s!? Great choice again. I've had my 535 with the 172's since Sept 05 in the Carbon black and it just looks amazing. You always get admiring looks from the guys with the 'runflats'.

Well done.

regards
Grafiker
Thanks mate, it looks like I have the same option spec as you apart from my M spoiler choice to your bum warmer.
As for the Evo, I was one of the first owners in 99 to get a VI, 6 evo numerals, when they were still a relative unknown rarity and over the years i have been disenchanted as the sticker and bodykit brigade have slowly bought these cars and created an image that I and a few fellow enthusiasts are not comfortable with. My measured next choice of wheels is the 535d M Sport, I hated this car when first shown to the public but since have done a 180 degree flip and think it is current E60 guise is a testament to Bangle........he was right was'nt he.
The Evo was ferociuos, I have been in a couple off mental bike V car duel's across the mountain roads around Snowdonia and been waved through by superbikes, this was the twistys and I know I would be handed my arse on a plate on a long straight.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Welcome Carbon Based Biped!

And congratulations for a good choice! Only thing is that from EVO (manual) to 535d (auto) can be difficult. Engine and silence You will fall in love!

Skaffa
Old 04-01-2006, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

Oddly enough i was looking at the Evo for my next car in a few years but im really really put off by the interior quality. It looks like something from a 10 year old Ford inside. Its horrific.

Im hoping that when i finally get round to a test drive nothing else will matter.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

I was once given a ride in a Evo VI - sweet baby jesus and the orphans, I have never been in a road car like it. The handling was just LOL amazing.

The owner lived in Jersey - the whole island is a 40mph speed limit so he used to bring it over to the mainland just to give it a thrash.

Quick Reply: Evo Rally Fan to 535d M Sport (NOOB)