E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Euro Delivery for the Europeans

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
nmc
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order 530D Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown Comfort seats,sunroof,PDC, Nav pro,Aux In,Xenons, Alarm, tinted glass. ETD 27.06.07

I've been reading with interest all the tales of ED from our friends across the pond. I spoke to my sales agent about the possibility of toddling off to Munich or environs to pick up the new one. Can't be done he says. I'm not very bothered but it would have good to do a factory visit and have a good run home.

Was he correct?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

Once BMW Welt is open, factory delivery will be available for an extra fee.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

True. But the opening of BMW Welt has been postponed a couple of times (see, Germans can make mistakes too!) and the latest info I had from a Swedish dealer who visited the site in March was that maybeeee in October/November we will see the opening of BMW Welt/BMW World. So, even if I'm probably the guy on this forum with the longest wait for my delivery, it will not be long enough.

Also, as I understand it, if you opt for a factory deliver you still need to have to take ta car to your "original" dealer. But I'm not sure. Anyone with more info on this subject?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='413870
True. But the opening of BMW Welt has been postponed a couple of times (see, Germans can make mistakes too!) and the latest info I had from a Swedish dealer who visited the site in March was that maybeeee in October/November we will see the opening of BMW Welt/BMW World. So, even if I'm probably the guy on this forum with the longest wait for my delivery, it will not be long enough.
Also, as I understand it, if you opt for a factory deliver you still need to have to take ta car to your "original" dealer. But I'm not sure. Anyone with more info on this subject?
Right now, we are told that the Welt will open up for European Delivery (via BMW NA) on 15. Oktober. I am scheduled to be the first delivery that day.

I am also under the impression that the Welt will be available for European European Delivery in early 2008.

This, like everything else, is subject to change.