E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine malfunction, possible to drive, be careful.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 535i 2010

Hey guys,

2010 e60 535i 7400 miles

I dropped my car off at the dealer 2 weeks ago for the recall on the high pressure fuel pump. They kept it there for 3 days. When I got the car back, there was a rattling noise under neath of the car when ever I started the car in the morning. It went away after about 5 mins. So I took the car the dealer yesterday. They kept it overnight. Picked up today, the dude told me there was some screws missing from the exhaust so they fixed that. I was almost home which is about 15 miles, the indicator light came on saying engine malfunction, reduced power, possible to drive, be careful. Take it to your closest dealer. I noticed the engine runs pretty louder and it shakes a bit. About to call in to work tomorrow and head back to the dealer again. This is getting very annoying. Anyone have the same problem and resolved? Thanks.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sonxcuzzo
Hey guys,

2010 e60 535i 7400 miles

I dropped my car off at the dealer 2 weeks ago for the recall on the high pressure fuel pump. They kept it there for 3 days. When I got the car back, there was a rattling noise under neath of the car when ever I started the car in the morning. It went away after about 5 mins. So I took the car the dealer yesterday. They kept it overnight. Picked up today, the dude told me there was some screws missing from the exhaust so they fixed that. I was almost home which is about 15 miles, the indicator light came on saying engine malfunction, reduced power, possible to drive, be careful. Take it to your closest dealer. I noticed the engine runs pretty louder and it shakes a bit. About to call in to work tomorrow and head back to the dealer again. This is getting very annoying. Anyone have the same problem and resolved? Thanks.
Sounds like the techs that worked on your car may have missed something in the reassembly after the HPFP fix. Screws missing from the exhaust ... on a 2010 w/ 7500 miles what gives with that
Ask your SA to check the work over before they release the car to you the next time so no one's time is wasted by half-done work!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 535i - Black Dakota Leather - Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim - Steptronic - Premium Package - Sport Package - Bluetooth - Moonroof - Navigation w/2011 Maps - Heated Front Seats - Power Rear Sunshade w/Manual Rear Window Shades - Motorcepts LED Ultimate Interiors, 6000k HID Fogs, 6000k Low Beams, and 8000k HID Angel Eyes

I bought a CPO 2008 535i and had the exact issue immediately at pickup. They had also just completed the recall work.

First they told me it was a failed low fuel pressure sensor. Replaced. Code came right back. Had car for one day.

Then they told me they didn't clear the codes properly. Cleared. Code came right back. Had car for one day.

Then they had the car for 2 days and told me a cam position sensor was intermittently failing. Replaced. I've put 250 miles on the car with no further issues.

-Dan

Originally Posted by sonxcuzzo
Hey guys,

2010 e60 535i 7400 miles