E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

engine malfunction again!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so right before the holidays my car goes into engine malfuction for the 6th time,so i take it in and get my loaner. about three weeks later i get the call your car is ready! so i fill up the loaner and take the hour trip to the dealer to swap cars,get mine back and it's empty so i have to fill mine up. when i get on the freeway and merge i give it some gas and it feels really slow and i can hear the blow off valve now im thinking to myself i know i shouldnt hear the blow off valve but maybe thats one of the things that was wrong with my car,and its been so long since ive driven my car maybe it just feels this slow. i should have trusted my gut and took it right back to the dealer. i got about thirty miles and bam! engine malfuction, so i have to drive all the way back to get the loaner again. the reason i could hear the blow off valve was some plastic piece was not hooked up right and it was also causing my car to be real slow and eventually go into engine malfuction. ive read on bimmerfest that they're are other people on that forum who seem to be having the same issue,anybody here having this problem?also mine seems to happen more often when i put it into ds mode.
sorry for the rate just had to vent. i wish i would have gotten a 550i
Old 01-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

member bigbadbull seems to be in the similar situation with his 535i...sorry to hear vadal..at what point to you consider a buyback/lemon
Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Members

im in the process of that right now,its just a hassle that i shouldnt have to deal with for a 60 thousand dollar car.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Members

im not one of those people who are looking for something new or to get my money back, i just want to drive the car im paying for.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by vandal1x' post='776545' date='Jan 24 2009, 05:18 PM
im in the process of that right now,its just a hassle that i shouldnt have to deal with for a 60 thousand dollar car.
agreed...again sorry to hear....GL with buyback/lemon...hope it gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction...before you get out of your e60..please update you VIN/e60 info on this thread...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry621898
Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='776547' date='Jan 24 2009, 08:20 PM
agreed...again sorry to hear....GL with buyback/lemon...hope it gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction...before you get out of your e60..please update you VIN/e60 info on this thread...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry621898
Gene it looks like me & you are living on borrowed time.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='776582' date='Jan 24 2009, 07:01 PM
Gene it looks like me & you are living on borrowed time.

I hope not ...
Old 01-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

sorry to high jack.. but Yeah I'm about fed up too...

My cars background , it is a Jan/08 build 535 sport SAT, Had absolutely no problems with it till Late November/early December. I did have the stupid Waste gate rattle but it did not matter to me cause it did not effect the performance and you only can hear it at low rpm and with the windows down...

1.So in dec I had the HPFP replaced due to failure
Car ran great except for the Lag from the new software, I though I would just deal with it till 32.1 ( BMW fix software...) came out in late Jan or Feb when my oil chage looked to be comming up.

2. Xmas eve on the high way going up to visit my parents in Ky I went threw a Very Hard rain storm... I got a Reduced power error , no hydro lock due to standing h2o or ingesting water since I was doing like 20 mph ( it was raining that hard), but the car ran fine , and on a restart it went away and did not come back

3. about 2 wensdays ago I was hualing ass home to let my dog out at lunch , and my car just would not pull away from stop lights , and started running rough. THen Igot error codes and warnings. I turned it off to try to restated after 10 mins and the engine light stayed on. So I made an appointment thinking I had yet another HPFP die in under 45 days of use of a gen 4 part # HPFP.

So the dealer ran the GT1 , and replaced the HPFP again ( #3 since built) , and it did not resolve the problem.
They PUMAed it and the Germans said that it was the regular Low pressure fuel pump... there were any available in the US so they Over-nighted it from Germany. They installed it and guess what ? It still did not resolve it. That was not Cheap either....
So it got PUMAed again , and the Engineers said to replace tall the fuel pressure sensors, which they did ( took 3 days to find a set and get them delivered). Guess what ? On start up the engineers could tell with how rough it is running that they still had not fixed it....

So the Engineers still insist that it is a fuel pressure sensor and they are going to replace the brand new ones with another new set , but of course there are none left in the SE distribution system , so they either have to get a set from NJ or Germany.... That will take till Tuesday at the earliest, just to get the parts... They basically have admitted that they don't have a clue as to what is going on with the fuel system, and have replaced every thing in it but the tank at this point, including the injection system and the coil packs...

It took 3/4 days to get them to give me a loner car. It's a nice brand new 335i sport 4door , but I really miss the E60.... It just is not up to sunff. So I don't know what to do at this point , cause in AL it is a 3 strikes system for lemon law , but they don't even know what the problem is to fix it at this point.

If this Thurs comes up and it is still not running correctly I think I need to get BMW NA involved, but I really don't want to. Apparently I'm a nice guy and I let people take advantage of me.
The Wife is driving me nuts and wants to get a Lawyer and get some thing else , or get BMW to give me another car.

Sorry about my pity party..
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

An update to my situation...
The second set of sensors did not work

The dealer put in a request for a New DME and Wiring harness.... Oh god , I'm really worried , the Techs in Germany said that this is the last option.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bigbadbull' post='778375' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:44 AM
An update to my situation...
The second set of sensors did not work

The dealer put in a request for a New DME and Wiring harness.... Oh god , I'm really worried , the Techs in Germany said that this is the last option.
GL man...if it doens't work will they be buying it back/new bmw?

Quick Reply: engine malfunction again!!