E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

emergency loked my keys in trunk

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46

The cheapest solution is to get a lock-out key.

Have your license & proof of ownership (registration, bill of sale, or title -- originals, no copies) provided at your BMW dealer before 2:00PM on a business day and it should be there the next day. The lock-out key does nothing except unlock the door, which in turn will unlock your trunk with the release button inside. Lock-out keys are very inexpensive... much cheaper than breaking your window and spending time in the shop getting repaired.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 545iS SMG, Black on Brown... Carbon Grille. Navi. PDC. Htd Seats. HUD... Sunshades. Logic7. All Packages. 20%front-5%back........ ETC............................... Coming Soon: MTEC full kit, some wheels. ACS rear carbon spoiler. NAV TV.

I solved problem it took me 2 hours. I couldn't do almost nothing my car was in inside garage of the mall, maybe 100meters from exit. I called BMW assistance and they said that they will drag my car out cause towing can't get into 6" garage. I said before you do that you can order me new tires differential and transmission, cause the car was on first gear+handbrake. She was like we're not resposible for any damage and then she was like: "Sir we just trying to help" . For me it would be cheaper to break all windows including windshield than give a pleasure to towing guy to brake my drivetrain. Then I called taxi and we spent maybe 1hour to open it. First we tried to pull handle from inside with no luck, then we tried to pushed unlock button which is in the middle between ventilation.
No luck either, the doors won't open if you press button when car is armed on alarm. Then we tried to pull handle many times and it worked. Alarm was on and the unlock button didn't work until alarm was off then I unlocked trunk (I don't have folding seats and no skibag) and got my key back. I'm going to dealer tomoorow to order another one. Hope you guys will never have that situation make spare keys if you don't have one. Thanks for all of your help.
p.s. I forgot to say that I called locksmith and in our village montreal they said that they don't touch bmw
Old 01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='772034' date='Jan 19 2009, 09:55 PM
Another reason to get Comfort Access.

Just demonstrated (for the nth time) how I can put my key in the trunk, close it, and the trunk will pop open.

CA stops you from locking your keys in with 99.9% certainty.
+1 ... really like that feature on mine!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

If I had seen this earlier I could have told you how to open you back seat up to get to the trunk , but you would have needed tools , so scratch that Idea.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by imposss' post='772665' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:48 PM
I solved problem it took me 2 hours. I couldn't do almost nothing my car was in inside garage of the mall, maybe 100meters from exit. I called BMW assistance and they said that they will drag my car out cause towing can't get into 6" garage. I said before you do that you can order me new tires differential and transmission, cause the car was on first gear+handbrake. She was like we're not resposible for any damage and then she was like: "Sir we just trying to help" . For me it would be cheaper to break all windows including windshield than give a pleasure to towing guy to brake my drivetrain. Then I called taxi and we spent maybe 1hour to open it. First we tried to pull handle from inside with no luck, then we tried to pushed unlock button which is in the middle between ventilation.
No luck either, the doors won't open if you press button when car is armed on alarm. Then we tried to pull handle many times and it worked. Alarm was on and the unlock button didn't work until alarm was off then I unlocked trunk (I don't have folding seats and no skibag) and got my key back. I'm going to dealer tomoorow to order another one. Hope you guys will never have that situation make spare keys if you don't have one. Thanks for all of your help.
p.s. I forgot to say that I called locksmith and in our village montreal they said that they don't touch bmw
Glad to see it worked out and thank you for sharing your experience; it may come handy to someone in the future.
That reminds me of the time I locked myself out with the keys inside the car. It took me over an hour to get the family out.