E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Emblem LED light

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by balbs
I don't think age has anything to do with it. It's a matter of taste.

Funny thing, the other night I was leaving a restaurant and saw some kid with a E46 with LED lights along the sides of the car shining down on the asphalt. He was showing it to his buddies and I heard them saying "Dude, WTF did you do that s4!T for?" and they were laughing at him. LOL! Another guys said something about a Civic.

Anyway, I think somebody posted this before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IX5LcNw7Ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WknPQjAmGZk
The first video is just odd to me. The kid knows how to wire the light source to his roundel and behind the grill, but can't get his angel eyes to light? Wtf.

The second video is cool. I like it. I am going to check it out.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Lol, that's a bit drastic don't you think?

I think people need to dare to try different things. With that said, I think it being red, it might be cool to wire it up to come on with brake lights.
Drastic - no. It's gimmicky crap. Grow a thicker skin.

It doesn't take any courage to "dare" to install one of these, just bad taste. And just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. There's no virtue in being "different", you also have to be "good". And this, IMO, is not.

Originally Posted by korpse88
Lots of hate inside here.

Anyways, would love to see a picture. No idea how it would look.

Let us all remember many BMW drivers are young and like to experiment. Not everyone is 55! No offense to anyone who's an elder.
I see negative opinions here, not "hate". Grow a thicker skin, too. I'm nowhere near "an elder" (what is this, a Cherokee tribe?), come from an import and domestic modding background, and would NOT have bought that thing 10 year ago or today.

We all know there are both young and older alike on here, no one needs a reminder. In case it escapes some, the benefit of being an "elder" is that you have already done a ton of experimenting and reaped the conclusions, so it may behoove those younger to not tune out the older voices entirely.

And how do you have "no idea how it would look"??, there's tons of pics on that link and elsewhere online.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 550i

@LessIsMore : However you might not need age reminders but you definitely need a reminder that this forum is to express your thoughts or experiences if any. You need not to take anyone's thought as personal and lecture them on what they think. I and my fellow forum members want to gain some knowledge here. please don't waste anyone's time by replying how pissed off you are with someone's thoughts. A lot more to say but I guess you got the point.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Yea seriously man, I don't know which board you came from, but there are ways to express your opinion without being a dick about it.

It's called having courtesy and not imposing yourself as absolute -- especially since this is an opinion .

With that said, opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535 xi sport package ,cold weather,navigation etc..

"don't follow the beaten path instead go off and make a path of your own". that being said i think the one on the bottom looks cool would love to see it in person though ...looks riceee to me.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Don't do it bro! Seems way too tacky. Invest the money in some HID fogs if you like nice bright lights.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Members

sorry
hate to be blunt, but thats bad taste to put something like that on our car, just sayin
Old 08-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i - Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access, 7 Logic Stereo

Maybe if I drove a Civic. Looks tacky.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:30 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 528xi

Love how a couple of folks want to criticize LessisMore when he was responding to someone else saying those that don't agree are "elder."

Whatever.

I wouldn't do it. It's not a dadgum Civic...
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by ben53
@LessIsMore : ... you definitely need a reminder that this forum is to express your thoughts or experiences if any. You need not to take anyone's thought as personal and lecture them on what they think.
Hmm, like what was done to the first guy who expressed an alternate negative opinion? You're committing, and defending others for, the same act you're condemning. I don't like the emblems, they are tasteless and tacky to me - I hope you can avoid taking personal offense to that thought.

Originally Posted by ben53
I and my fellow forum members want to gain some knowledge here. please don't waste anyone's time by replying how pissed off you are with someone's thoughts. A lot more to say but I guess you got the point.
And that knowledge was given, and opinions (and opinions of opinions) rendered in an appropriately-civil manner. I don't see a problem.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yea seriously man, I don't know which board you came from, but there are ways to express your opinion without being a dick about it.

It's called having courtesy and not imposing yourself as absolute -- especially since this is an opinion .

With that said, opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one.
Great, thanks for the courtesy of name-calling. I wasn't a dick. I think telling someone they have "lots of hate" and are "drastic" for having an opposite opinion is being dick, along with "us all" being given a smarmy reminder about respecting age, and implying that anyone who doesn't agree with putting any and every tasteless shiny trinket on their car is "55" and "an elder". It doesn't go just one way. Based on your statement above, I feel confident that opinion won't hurt your feelings. You can keep the cliche bromides to yourself, too.

Originally Posted by Rebound
Love how a couple of folks want to criticize LessisMore when he was responding to someone else saying those that don't agree are "elder."

Whatever.

I wouldn't do it. It's not a dadgum Civic...
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Emblem LED light