E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical mirrors fold in when closing car

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have the electrical folding mirrors on my car and I am gonna ask the dealer to change the settings in the car so when I close it the mirrors will fold in automatically.

Since the lights in the mirror only shine at the doors when I have to fold them in with the button I want this activated.

I've read several post about this possibility in the US. Are there any european members that have this option activated???
Old 08-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I know it can be done... But you have to press and hold the lock button until they fold...
Will get this activated in October.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 21 2004, 05:34 PM
I know it can be done... But you have to press and hold the lock button until they fold...
If I may ask.. Why wait untill october? If it's available now dennis wants it.. (he's an impatient guy).
Old 08-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 22 2004, 01:36 AM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Aug 21 2004, 05:34 PM'] I know it can be done... But you have to press and hold the lock button until they fold...
If I may ask.. Why wait untill october? If it's available now dennis wants it.. (he's an impatient guy). [/quote]
Never touch a running system !
In October while travelling to HI my dealer is having my car for some changes...
Old 08-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Contributors

I was going to sleep but I am a curious about what changes??? Is it the wood?? I've ordered it too but no news on it yet..
Old 08-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yep... wood, window switch surroundings, folding of mirrors via remote key activation, digital TV, maybe chip tuning if then available, maybe software update for MP3 and DVD watching if then available, TVmodule what allows watching while in motion if then available, and windows.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Contributors

I have the feeling I need the windowsurroundings too.. It's a feeling in my tummy.. but since you are doing it too I know it has to be a virus or something
Old 08-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably know already.
Getting the folding mirrors by remote does not require an I-Drive software update. Its part of the Car Memory function. I had mine turned on months before I had my version 12 upgrade. It won't take that long to activate if the technicians know how to do it.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Aug 22 2004, 11:40 AM
You probably know already.
Yes.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Contributors

Hi Iceman,

Please post the part numbers of the extra wood trims when you know about it.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Electrical mirrors fold in when closing car