E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical leak 535d 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 12:08 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: bmw 535d e60 dpf off,egr off , custom exhaust
Default Electrical leak 535d 2004

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I may have an electrical leak on my 535d , my battery was almost 5 years old , and after the car spend 10 days at the box(for paint) , the car woulnt start , so I rush right away to change my battery with a new one.

When I arrived at the service we did first a test if the car has a electical leak , here I mention that I never ever had problem with start up the car , before 1 year when battery was like 3 y.old i left the car 15 days w/o start up and It start without any problem, this time I think the battery died just because it was constantly turn on/off ( to move it form one place to antoher when paint the car).

Anyway we opened the trunk to have access to the battery , then we click the pin on the trunk locker so that we can lock the car(we forgot the driver window halfway down). So we waited like 40 minutes and the car was still with P light on , we didnt have more time to way so we meassured the leak and it was 0.220 , which is high. Here I mention that before 1 year when I did a test if the battry is good the car was also showing the same leak after 30 minutes or so.

So if i really have this leak all the time I was doing that for 1 year w/o any problem with the battery.

Anyway my question is when exactly my car should be put to sleep and why my gearbox "P" dont go off after 40 minutes.

EDIT: P light goes off between 40 and 50 minutes after the car shut off.

BTW: I dont get high battery discharge warrnings.

Last edited by Nikola Lefterov; 11-30-2016 at 12:37 PM.