E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Folding Rear View Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02/05 E61 535D M SPORT - Silver Grey*Grey Dakota Leather*Bi Xenon Adaptive Headlights * Professional Navigation System * Extended Voice Control * TV * Bluetooth With Telematics * BMW 6 CD Changer * STYLE 172 18" RIMS * Moonroof * Velour Mats * Dimming/ Folding Ext/Int Mirrors * Electric Heated Front Seats * Sports Seats * High Beam Assist * M Aerodynamic Pack * M Rear Spoiler * High Gloss Shadow Line * Sun Protection Glass * Anthracite Headlining * ISOFIX Package * Tracker Monitor * Top Tint Screen* IPOD MOST* DMS*

I know that you can have the car programmed to fold the mirrors (electric of course) from the key fob if you have memory seats.

Can anyone without memory seats confirm if they have been able to acheive this? My car is currently at the dealers for upgrade to play MP3 and have voice activation so it would be nice to get it all don at same time.

Thanks Guy535D
Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Guy535d' post='348101' date='Oct 24 2006, 06:33 AM
I know that you can have the car programmed to fold the mirrors (electric of course) from the key fob if you have memory seats.

Can anyone without memory seats confirm if they have been able to acheive this? My car is currently at the dealers for upgrade to play MP3 and have voice activation so it would be nice to get it all don at same time.

Thanks Guy535D
this is the 1st time I have hered about this.
Is the programmed key to fold the mirrors from the dealer or out side?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Yes you can have the morrors set to fold without memory seats, I have done so.

Sure you take BOTH keys in to be reprogrammed, they may charge you.

Then holding down the 'lock' button on the key for a second or so when locking will cause the mirrors to fold, they open as soon as you unlock.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guy535d' post='348101' date='Oct 24 2006, 06:33 AM

Thanks Guy535D
Yes, my one is semi electric seats, you can fold the mirrors with the keys. Just hold when you lock.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 02/05 E61 535D M SPORT - Silver Grey*Grey Dakota Leather*Bi Xenon Adaptive Headlights * Professional Navigation System * Extended Voice Control * TV * Bluetooth With Telematics * BMW 6 CD Changer * STYLE 172 18" RIMS * Moonroof * Velour Mats * Dimming/ Folding Ext/Int Mirrors * Electric Heated Front Seats * Sports Seats * High Beam Assist * M Aerodynamic Pack * M Rear Spoiler * High Gloss Shadow Line * Sun Protection Glass * Anthracite Headlining * ISOFIX Package * Tracker Monitor * Top Tint Screen* IPOD MOST* DMS*

Kaf

Thanks for confirmimg this. I'll drop the spare key to the garage this evening. Out of interest, can I ask which garage did this for you and do you have a contact name, just in case my garage have a problem and they can then contact your garage to see hoe it is done.

Thanks
Guy
Old 10-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KAF' post='348264' date='Oct 24 2006, 03:37 PM
Yes you can have the morrors set to fold without memory seats, I have done so.

Sure you take BOTH keys in to be reprogrammed, they may charge you.

Then holding down the 'lock' button on the key for a second or so when locking will cause the mirrors to fold, they open as soon as you unlock.
If they charge you then why not just press the button on the door.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Members

I'll see how much they charge but I gues it shouldn't be too much as the are retrofitting Voice Activation and MP3 at same time.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:00 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Guy535d' post='348271' date='Oct 24 2006, 09:01 AM
Kaf

Thanks for confirmimg this. I'll drop the spare key to the garage this evening. Out of interest, can I ask which garage did this for you and do you have a contact name, just in case my garage have a problem and they can then contact your garage to see hoe it is done.

Thanks
Guy

Done by Dick Lovett, Swindon,
cost me about ?35
Old 10-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KAF' post='348350' date='Oct 24 2006, 10:00 AM
Done by Dick Lovett, Swindon,
cost me about ?35

TVM for the info KAF
Old 10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Contributors

try it don`t work so I just have to press the little button.
not worth the money to get it done.

Quick Reply: Electric Folding Rear View Mirrors