E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

As title says and if so has anyone done this and approx. how much does it cost.

Wishing I had specced this as an option now.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:52 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='453235' date='Jul 30 2007, 05:04 AM
As title says and if so has anyone done this and approx. how much does it cost.

Wishing I had specced this as an option now.
Here in the US you manually open and close them by pushing a button, there is no setting to have them open/close automatically when you start or shut off the car. You can just push the one you want back by hand.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='453247' date='Jul 30 2007, 12:52 PM
Here in the US you manually open and close them by pushing a button, there is no setting to have them open/close automatically when you start or shut off the car. You can just push the one you want back by hand.
So I'm clear, I'm not necessarily wanting the mirrors to fold / unfold when I start / shut down. What I'm wanting is to be able to fold the mirrors electrically by pushing a button if I require them to be folded for e.g on occasions when parking in tight spaces.

I can obviously fold them each by hand, but this is not always appealing especially when in heavy rain (like we've been having in in the UK recently).

Can I add electric mirror folding to my car?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='453298' date='Jul 30 2007, 12:29 PM
So I'm clear, I'm not necessarily wanting the mirrors to fold / unfold when I start / shut down. What I'm wanting is to be able to fold the mirrors electrically by pushing a button if I require them to be folded for e.g on occasions when parking in tight spaces.

I can obviously fold them each by hand, but this is not always appealing especially when in heavy rain (like we've been having in in the UK recently).

Can I add electric mirror folding to my car?
Usually you can buy mirror assemblies and the button and new panel for the door switching but I don't know first hand.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='453301' date='Jul 30 2007, 05:33 PM
Usually you can buy mirror assemblies and the button and new panel for the door switching but I don't know first hand.
Thanks for the comments.

Does anyone else know if this is something that can easily be added?
Old 07-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Search for retrofit M5 mirrors. I believe there are member that have successfully retrofitted that function
Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='453309' date='Jul 30 2007, 06:06 PM
Search for retrofit M5 mirrors. I believe there are member that have successfully retrofitted that function
Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D 2006 - Media Package, M-tec Kit, Lighting package, extended lights, Leather seats, Auto High beam. Carbon Black, with black leather.

Let me know how you get along doing this mod, as i'd like to do the same
Old 07-31-2007, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='453345' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the advice!
You need both the door panel switch with the folding button, but also the module that fits behing the door panel. I was asking about the same for retrofitting m5 mirrors.

Apparently it's not that easy.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='453604' date='Jul 31 2007, 01:22 PM
You need both the door panel switch with the folding button, but also the module that fits behing the door panel. I was asking about the same for retrofitting m5 mirrors.

Apparently it's not that easy.
So, as I feared, it's not as easy as just getting the door panel switch with the folding button and then having the function programmed by the dealer.

Do you have any idea on the prices of:

1. Door panel switch with the folding button.
2. Module that fits behing the door panel (is this x 2 - one for each door / mirror?).
3. Programming by the BMW dealer.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors.