E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Electric fault with bmw e60?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi i have a bmw e60 530d 04
mostly when the weather is hot the idrive doesnt work, but when it been standing idle over the night it works proper in the morning.
then you shut it off for 5 minutes and it stops working. but when it actually works it got no problems with it it works fine.
ive checked the mpm module in the back it seemed fine, but for the record when i checked it i found a little bit of water in the trunk but i dont think it damaged it becouse it wasnt fried or anything like that. tryed too remove the whole CCC i think its called and the cables seemed fine.

dealer said they want around 2000£ too change it -.-.

also the AC sometimes turns on itself and sometimes i cant get the gear into sportmode for some reason. but its all randomly sometimes it works sometimes not. its driving me crazy -.-

thanks any help appreciated !
sorry for my spelling
Old 08-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Members

Car at dealer too check errors Will be back next friday il Tell yall what they say
Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530iA

Just an idea: I would check behind of cd/dvd module (needs to go out from dash board) - there is small fan. Check if works properly and possibly clean it (as it seems you have overheating problems).
Old 08-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sonny...
Just an idea: I would check behind of cd/dvd module (needs to go out from dash board) - there is small fan. Check if works properly and possibly clean it (as it seems you have overheating problems).
hi thanks for your answer, i took it out and the fan wasnt working. but i suspected that it only works when it gets hot. any idea how too check if it works or not
Old 08-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Members

I guess it works rather like PC fan - slow speed when temperature ok or high speed when too hot. Could not be the fan seized? Have you tried to move with it by finger?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Members

I guess it works rather like PC fan - slow speed when temperature ok or high speed when too hot. Could not be the fan seized? Have you tried to move with it by finger?
It moves when you move it with finger but it did not work when i starter the car (when the i drive wasnt working just rebooting )
Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Members

maybe it's completly burned. Anyway at this point, I would probably check by some tester device, if electricity is going into the fan (basicly if it makes sense to replace it or not). Not sure about size of the fan and mounting points, but it should not cost much (maybe replaceable by adequate size of PC fan - for few crowns). Not sure how wires are plugged in - maybe you will have to open cd/dvd module somehow.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Members

maybe it's completly burned. Anyway at this point, I would probably check by some tester device, if electricity is going into the fan (basicly if it makes sense to replace it or not). Not sure about size of the fan and mounting points, but it should not cost much (maybe replaceable by adequate size of PC fan - for few crowns). Not sure how wires are plugged in - maybe you will have to open cd/dvd module somehow.
Thank you for the answer / the car is at the dealer Will get it back friday they checking the problems atm il have the fan checked when its back . Thank you very much!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Members

as i thought they said you have too change the ccc 2k£ -.- but i really think its just the fan so il try change the fan and if it wont work il change the whole ccc... :/
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Members

Good luck - keep us informed

Quick Reply: Electric fault with bmw e60?