E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

eisenmann exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys i got a new (used) car and it came with a eisenmann exhaust. Im worried its not authentic, first of all i noticed that the eisenmann logos on the top of the tips are not on the top, instead printed on the sides. Guessing the tips were removed at one point and weld'ed back on. Now the even more weirder issue is that the left tip is welded shut inside. I remember the previous owner saying he put some kinda of baffle to deepen the sound, but to plug the exhaust? anyone know what reason's would be to weld it shut? is it to make it louder? quieter? deeper? performance?

im planning to take out the plug tonight and see the difference. Also anything i should check for to make sure its authentic? i was looking on the web, noticed that all 545i exhaust from eisenmann were 1 piece design, meaning single pipe into the 1 piece muffler to 2 outlets, mine looks like their quad exhaust system, instead of 1 muffler, has 2 mufflers, so inlet into each muffler with single outs on each. My guess would be that he took the quad system and cut of the right double pipe. Or has anyone see this kind of system for 545i?

heres a pic of the weld:

heres a example what my exhaust looks like, but its just a dual exhaust, not quad:
Old 03-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Members

so i stopped by a muffler shop and we found out what the previous owner did. He did a hack job and tried to fit a m5 left section into a 545i. Im pissed of the job he did or who ever tried to hack it into a 545i. Literally they cut of the tips, the pipes and tried to weld into this frankenstein of a exhaust, the weld job is just horrible. the tech's opinion for why they prev owner capped off the pipe was probably due to the fact this hack would have sounded horrible, so by forcing onto just a single exhaust it would have made the sound little better. He doesn't recommend taking off the cap, but just replace the whole exhaust. So i have decided to just switch back to stock, i got it from the prev owner when i bought the car. i can't even believe the owner advertised that this car had eisenmann exhaust, lol. My fault for trusting bmw dealership to do a pre purchase inspection.. I wish i was under the car to check out the exhaust when bmw was doing the inspection.. ARGG!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

man that sucks hope everything works out for you :thumbsdown:
Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Members

thanx man! yeah im gonna get it done sometime this week. im thinking of putting the stock and removing the 2 resonators after the cats, im gonna ask if they can also weld on the eisenmann tips, im gonna throw out the exhaust so might as well put the tips to use. So pissed!! now im worried about anything else the tech's might have missed during the ppi.