E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Eibach prokit, fixed the drop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Looks great! But it kind of looks like the stock height of an LCI 550i Sport.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good.

Not sure by what you mean by " ended up pushing the struts down further". Can you clarify how you got it to sit lower?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by noonehome' post='577177' date='May 9 2008, 11:05 AM
Looks good.

Not sure by what you mean by " ended up pushing the struts down further". Can you clarify how you got it to sit lower?
well im sorta new to this car thing, from what i observed when the mechanic was fixing my drop was that he loosened the shocks somewhere underneath the car, took it for a little spin, then tightened it back at the height i needed... the first time he did it, he had tightened the shocks when they werent all the way down, or at least to where i wanted it to be for that matter...not sure if im makin any sense but thats just what i saw..

o yea, does it really look only as low as a sports suspension? it wont settle down lower?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Contributors

did you do an alignment afterwards? if not, you'll def want to do it. i would wait until you find the perfect height, then get it aligned. cuz' from what i understand, everytime you adjust it.....it's adviseable to get it aligned.

also, can you comment on the ride quality vs the original suspension set up?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='577216' date='May 9 2008, 10:50 AM
did you do an alignment afterwards? if not, you'll def want to do it. i would wait until you find the perfect height, then get it aligned. cuz' from what i understand, everytime you adjust it.....it's adviseable to get it aligned.

also, can you comment on the ride quality vs the original suspension set up?
I haven't done an alignment yet, is it extremely important to get one? for me the ride quality feels great..cant really tell a difference, cept i feel more comfortable taking harder corners
Old 05-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flybeam52' post='577221' date='May 9 2008, 09:04 AM
I haven't done an alignment yet, is it extremely important to get one? for me the ride quality feels great..cant really tell a difference, cept i feel more comfortable taking harder corners
since i don't have personal experience with coilovers, i am only going by what other members has advised me on when i eventually get mine done.

nice to hear about the ride quality. it's one of the biggest determining factor for me. i figure since i already have the sports suspension, it shouldn't be that much stiffer of a ride.

anyone who has first hand experience want to chime in on this?!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by flybeam52' post='577221' date='May 9 2008, 11:04 AM
I haven't done an alignment yet, is it extremely important to get one? ...
Not necessarily. Just keep an eye on your tire wear. If you start to notice it's wearing unevenly, then you need an alignment. If it wears evenly, don't worry about it. And if it's out of alignment, you will notice the wear after only a few hundred miles or less.

Concerning your current ride height, yes, it looks to be the same as the stock '08 550i Sport. Don't be too concerned about that, though. The '08 550i Sport sits lower than the others, and according to the resident expert Rudy, it's even, what was it, a half inch lower than the M5.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='577239' date='May 9 2008, 09:24 AM
Not necessarily. Just keep an eye on your tire wear. If you start to notice it's wearing unevenly, then you need an alignment. If it wears evenly, don't worry about it. And if it's out of alignment, you will notice the wear after only a few hundred miles or less.
you'd honestly wait that long to see if your tire is wearing unevenly?

he spent all that $ to lower his car properly and he's gonna pass on a $200 alignment? yes, it may not be necessary - but i would make certain first.

just my .2 cents.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='577241' date='May 9 2008, 11:29 AM
you'd honestly wait that long to see if your tire is wearing unevenly?

I surely would. When I lowered my '05 Mustang GT, the buzz was that you have to get an alignment after you lower that model. I was skeptical of that. Seemed more like a bunch of guys that aren't savvy when it comes to suspensions spouting off the "upsale" info their installers told them. I drove for 11K miles without a bit of uneven tire wear.

Here's your change. $.01
Old 05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='577250' date='May 9 2008, 12:44 PM
I surely would. When I lowered my '05 Mustang GT, the buzz was that you have to get an alignment after you lower that model. I was skeptical of that. Seemed more like a bunch of guys that aren't savvy when it comes to suspensions spouting off the "upsale" info their installers told them. I drove for 11K miles without a bit of uneven tire wear.

Here's your change. $.01
I hope you're right. My mechanic who is a close relative of mines told me the same, that he don't think I need an alignment cause he dont think it would make much change...ill just have to see what happens after a wfew weeks..

Quick Reply: Eibach prokit, fixed the drop!!!