E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ED: Pickup and Drop off

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530I

I currently have a 2006 530I and purchasing a 650.

I am contemplating doing a ED on a 650. Has anyone just picked up the car and then turned it back in for delivery. I plan on travelling to Poland prior to the time of ED. I would fly to Munich to do the Ed but then I would have to fly back to Poland without spending much time in Germany. Could the car be dropped off at the same place where you take delivery?

Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: ED '07 530 soon to replace my ML500 previous: '00 540i6, '98 V70T-5, '95 318i, '89 Jetta, '79 Beetle Conv.

The dropoff agent is just a few miles away in Garching while the BMW delivery center is in Freimann (both basically Munich suburbs).

You could easily fly in to Munich, pickup the car, drive to dropoff, then take a taxi or driver back to the airport.
I can recommend an excellent driver if you need one.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Members

Thanks for the reply. However, is it necessary to give advance notice regarding the drop off. According to the BMW website there should be a 4 day notice..
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by izen2' post='311786' date='Jul 17 2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the reply. However, is it necessary to give advance notice regarding the drop off. According to the BMW website there should be a 4 day notice..
yes i believe so. look through the ed forum on bimmerfest for details. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
there's ppl there who've done what you're planning.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Contributors

I would recommend calling EH Harms in Garching to let them know when you'll be droping the car off and to make sure they will not be closed for some reason (like a German holiday or something). I have done three Euro Deliveries and I have called them as late as the morning of the day I was going to drop the car off, but again, it's safer to at least find out that they are going to be open even if you don't make firm plans of the drop off.

Were you able to find a dealer that let you do an ED on a 6 series? My friend did an ED of a 650 convertible back in October, but none of the Los Angeles dealers that he contacted were willing to do an ED for a 6er (since an ED 6er comes out of the dealers own allocation instead of BMW's allocation as it is with other models). The dealers still get the 6er from BMW at the ED cost, so they "should" be fine with passing it on to the customer, but they have been spoiled with getting an "extra" allocation with other models and they don't like it when that is not the case with the 6er.

My friend contacted the head of BMW NA's Euro Delivery and she was angry that the dealers were doing that but appearently she could not force them to do otherwise. She told my friend that if he were not able to get a local dealer to cooperate then she would arrange a 6er ED with an east coast dealer for him. Fortunately the salesman that both me and my friend have been using for more than ten years kept pushing them and pulling some strings until they agreed to it. I don't know whether the dealership gave in or whether he used his connections at BMW NA to get an extra allocation, but somehow it got done.

Good luck
Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Ed is the only way to really experience what your car is made of. Don?t pass on it.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='311839' date='Jul 17 2006, 02:28 PM
I would recommend calling EH Harms in Garching to let them know when you'll be droping the car off and to make sure they will not be closed for some reason (like a German holiday or something). I have done three Euro Deliveries and I have called them as late as the morning of the day I was going to drop the car off, but again, it's safer to at least find out that they are going to be open even if you don't make firm plans of the drop off.

Were you able to find a dealer that let you do an ED on a 6 series? My friend did an ED of a 650 convertible back in October, but none of the Los Angeles dealers that he contacted were willing to do an ED for a 6er (since an ED 6er comes out of the dealers own allocation instead of BMW's allocation as it is with other models). The dealers still get the 6er from BMW at the ED cost, so they "should" be fine with passing it on to the customer, but they have been spoiled with getting an "extra" allocation with other models and they don't like it when that is not the case with the 6er.

My friend contacted the head of BMW NA's Euro Delivery and she was angry that the dealers were doing that but appearently she could not force them to do otherwise. She told my friend that if he were not able to get a local dealer to cooperate then she would arrange a 6er ED with an east coast dealer for him. Fortunately the salesman that both me and my friend have been using for more than ten years kept pushing them and pulling some strings until they agreed to it. I don't know whether the dealership gave in or whether he used his connections at BMW NA to get an extra allocation, but somehow it got done.

Good luck

Thanks for al the info.