E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ED on 550

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

I was just informed by the dealer today that my September ED has been postponed until November. They tell me no EDs are available on 550s until November 1 because this is a new model. They delayed the EDs to shake out the bugs without people flying to Germany and possibly taking delivery of a troubled car.

They had provided me with a production number and now they say that car was part of their allocation and not available for ED. "My" car will show up on their lot as part of their inventory once the completion date of September 5 arrives. I have had this order in for a month!

The obvious choices are 1) pull the order or 2) tough it out and wait. Any advice on potential recourse would be appreciated.

Is BMWNA any help?
Can the order be shifted to ED from allocation?
Are 550 EDs truly delayed until November?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2001 Z3 3.0, Sports Package, Winter Package, 5-SpeedHard Top [built: pick up in Munich on 5.17.06] ED 2007 550i 6-speed (sapphire black/black dakota leather): sports package; active stearing, hud/nav, logic 7, cold weather package, rear heated seats, rear folding seat, power shades, comfort access, sat radio

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' date='Aug 30 2005, 07:36 PM
I was just informed by the dealer today that my September ED has been postponed until November.? They tell me no EDs are available on 550s until November 1 because this is a new model.? They delayed the EDs to shake out the bugs without people flying to Germany and possibly taking delivery of a troubled car.

They had provided me with a production number and now they say that car was part of their allocation and not available for ED.? "My" car will show up on their lot as part of their inventory once the completion date of September 5 arrives.? I have had this order in for a month!

The obvious choices are 1) pull the order or 2) tough it out and wait.? Any advice on potential recourse would be appreciated.?

Is BMWNA any help??
[snapback]165402[/snapback]
My dealer had told me many weeks ago (~3.5?) that ED builds would be starting one month after non-ED builds, and that the earilest I'd be able to take delivery would be ~November 1. That combined, with the fact that there would be no gaurantees that 6speed or SMG transmissions would be available caused me to put off my order.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi MidnightRider,

Sorry to hear the news of a delay.
One thing that I learned when I bought my 328i when *actually* I really, really wanted an M3 was that it sucks to have buyers remorse.

After 170,000 miles on my trusty 328i I am now in a position to order an E60 with all the options that will truly meet my needs (530i w/SMG plus goodies!).

No way do I EVER want to feel any ounce of buyer's remorse. Be patient and wait for your "dream car". Otherwise face that feeling I've had for the last 7 years with my 328i. My E60 order should get rid of that buyer's remorse feeling.

Good Luck,
-Tony
Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' date='Aug 31 2005, 04:36 AM
They delayed the EDs to shake out the bugs without people flying to Germany and possibly taking delivery of a troubled car.
Nice.... but they don't mind you taking delivery of a troubled car at your dealer in the States
Old 08-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Thank you kfarouki. That was a helpful confirmation of what I heard. Although disappointing, I am sticking with my order. I am looking forward to a nice trip and a great car. I really appreciate your response.

Originally Posted by kfarouki' date='Aug 31 2005, 02:11 AM
[quote name='MidnightRider' date='Aug 30 2005, 07:36 PM']I was just informed by the dealer today that my September ED has been postponed until November.? They tell me no EDs are available on 550s until November 1 because this is a new model.? They delayed the EDs to shake out the bugs without people flying to Germany and possibly taking delivery of a troubled car.

They had provided me with a production number and now they say that car was part of their allocation and not available for ED.? "My" car will show up on their lot as part of their inventory once the completion date of September 5 arrives.? I have had this order in for a month!

The obvious choices are 1) pull the order or 2) tough it out and wait.? Any advice on potential recourse would be appreciated.?

Is BMWNA any help??
My dealer had told me many weeks ago (~3.5?) that ED builds would be starting one month after non-ED builds, and that the earilest I'd be able to take delivery would be ~November 1. That combined, with the fact that there would be no gaurantees that 6speed or SMG transmissions would be available caused me to put off my order.
[snapback]165464[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Tony,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am indeed sticking with my order and patience is an acquired taste. I agree with your M3 desires which I have shared for a long time. This purchase requires a 4 door sedan for sales calls to take customers out. Otherwise I would be right in line with you for a M3. Once again I appreciate your response and I am taking your advise.

Originally Posted by CoolTones' date='Aug 31 2005, 02:30 AM
Hi MidnightRider,

Sorry to hear the news of a delay.?
One thing that I learned when I bought my 328i when *actually* I really, really wanted an M3 was that it sucks to have buyers remorse.

After 170,000 miles on my trusty 328i I am now in a position to order an E60 with all the options that will truly meet my needs (530i w/SMG plus goodies!).

No way do I EVER want to feel any ounce of buyer's remorse.? Be patient and wait for your "dream car".? Otherwise face that feeling I've had for the last 7 years with my 328i.? My E60 order should get rid of that buyer's remorse feeling.?

Good Luck,
-Tony
[snapback]165465[/snapback]
Old 08-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Senior Members

My point exactly...the same car I thought I ordered will be showing up at my dealer before they even start to build my second order. I am confused why I could buy the first car at the dealer but need to wait 2 months more for ED. This is my first BMW. I am still learning the ropes.

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Aug 31 2005, 04:17 AM
[quote name='MidnightRider' date='Aug 31 2005, 04:36 AM']They delayed the EDs to shake out the bugs without people flying to Germany and possibly taking delivery of a troubled car.
Nice.... but they don't mind you taking delivery of a troubled car at your dealer in the States
[snapback]165483[/snapback]
[/quote]