E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Voluntary Recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Received a "Voluntary Emissions Recall" notice from BMWNA for my 2004 E60. Called my dealer to arrange to have the Recall performed and they told me it would take 2 to 3 days to complete this. It's only a software update, so why should it take so long. They said they have to update all the "modules" whatever that means. Has anyone in the Forum had this recall preformed. If so, could you please let me know what's involved and how long it actually took to get it done. I'm more then a little concerned with leaving my car at the dealers for so long. Thank you.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bobrillings' date='Dec 23 2004, 01:50 PM
I Received a "Voluntary Emissions Recall" notice from BMWNA for my 2004 E60. Called my dealer to arrange to have the Recall performed and they told me it would take 2 to 3 days? to complete this. It's only a software update, so why should it take so long. They said they have to update all the "modules" whatever that means. Has anyone in the Forum had this recall preformed. If so, could you please let me know what's involved and how long it actually took to get it done. I'm more then a little concerned with leaving my car at the dealers for so long.? ? ? Thank you.
[snapback]71908[/snapback]
Call another dealer. I'm shocked you are getting this notice so late as alot of us had this done a couple of months ago. Upgrading the software can sometimes take overnight, but certainly shouldn't take 3 days. My car was only at the dealer for a day and they gave me a loaner.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Dec 23 2004, 01:00 PM
[quote name='bobrillings' date='Dec 23 2004, 01:50 PM']I Received a "Voluntary Emissions Recall" notice from BMWNA for my 2004 E60. Called my dealer to arrange to have the Recall performed and they told me it would take 2 to 3 days? to complete this. It's only a software update, so why should it take so long. They said they have to update all the "modules" whatever that means. Has anyone in the Forum had this recall preformed. If so, could you please let me know what's involved and how long it actually took to get it done. I'm more then a little concerned with leaving my car at the dealers for so long.? ? ? Thank you.
[snapback]71908[/snapback]
Call another dealer. I'm shocked you are getting this notice so late as alot of us have had this done a couple of months ago. Upgrading the software can sometimes take overnight, but certainly shouldn't take 3 days. My car was only at the dealer for a day and they gave me a loaner.
[snapback]71913[/snapback]
[/quote]

Aparantely this is a second recall on V8s. It should be an overnight thing, Not 3 days. They are probably just slamed with only one machine to do the work on.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

I received an emissions recall on my ride last September.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, bobrillings !
Old 12-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, bobrillings !
Old 12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

he's not alone. I got my letter a little over a week ago. Going in early Jan, told this one "takes awhile", though that was not further defined. Looking forward to the Enterprise Kia I'll likely get as my loaner.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Members

I had the 15k service, emissions recall, seat heater recall, wipers blades done this week. I had requested that the tech remove the phone cradle to make the storage bin larger, but he said that wires would protrude from the parts remaining. They could not duplicate the acceleration lag or the cd reseting to track 1. This work took 3 days. Toyota Camry loaner.

Thanks to this forum, it seems that I know more about the car than the service advisor!
Old 12-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by keithpjny' date='Dec 23 2004, 07:29 PM
I had the 15k service, emissions recall, seat heater recall, wipers blades done this week.? I had requested that the tech remove the phone cradle to make the storage bin larger, but he said that wires would protrude from the parts remaining.? They could not duplicate the acceleration lag or the cd reseting to track 1.? This work took 3 days.? Toyota Camry loaner.?

Thanks to this forum, it seems that I know more about the car than the service advisor!
[snapback]72014[/snapback]
I went for the emission recall and acceleration lag. When I got the car back, they fixed the acceleration lag but now I have a vibration at 1500 rpm. When I complained about the vibration, the tech claimed they could not replicate it. So I insisted that someone ride in the car with me. The shop foreman came with me and could feel it. It was as if the shifting points (automatic) were too high. He called BMW and they said they were aware of the issue and it would be fixed in software ver 15.2 out it Jan. I would suggest that you wait til this software is available before you re-address this issue.
Old 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

how come i never got this letter?????i just called my dealer last months to get

some problems fixed and they set me on 1\20\05.....

Quick Reply: E60 Voluntary Recall