E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The E60 turn signal system

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 2006 Jet Black w/tan leather. Premium package; Sport Package; Sat Radio

I have kind of a silly topic. I am still trying to get use to the turn signal system used by the E60. The first thing people do when they drive my car is commit about the strange way the turn signal works. (The second commit is about the power and handling) Most turn signals are pushed up and stays up until you complete your turn or cancel it. With the E60, you push it up(or down) and it comes back to the center postion. If I am not turning and need to cancel it, I find myself pushing too far back to center and turning on the opposite turn sign by mistake

Old 09-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I love the feature....its unique....now when im driving someone elses car its hard to adjust to not having it...ive grew to the highway blinker( blinks 3 times)
Old 09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bitboy' date='Sep 8 2005, 10:15 PM
I have kind of a silly topic. I am still trying to get use to the turn signal system used by the E60. The first thing people do when they drive my car is commit about the strange way the turn signal works. (The second commit is about the power and handling) Most turn signals are pushed up and stays up until you complete your turn or cancel it. With the E60, you push it up(or down) and it comes back to the center postion. If I am not turning and need to cancel it, I find myself pushing too far back to center and turning on the opposite turn sign by mistake

? ? ?
[snapback]168553[/snapback]
Push in the same direction until the resistance point to cancel the signal (like activating the three flash lane change). Much easier than trying to cancel in the opposite direction.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by bitboy' date='Sep 8 2005, 08:15 PM

? ? ?
[snapback]168553[/snapback]
Flick it in the same direction again and it cancels (i.e. if you flicked the switch up, and want to cancel, push up again.) We've probably all had the same experience...... Becomes second nature after a while.

edit - must learn to type as quickly as member545
Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 2006 Jet Black w/tan leather. Premium package; Sport Package; Sat Radio

Thanks swajames....that was a great tip.
It was sooooooo obvious I never tried it until you
suggusted it.

Thanks again. Problem solved!!!!

I love this forum!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Haha ya too many complaints about the blinker system... People just need to learn to adapt. Change is good... they're just not use to the system yet. Just like anything theres a learning curve. Theres tons of arguments on that though... but oh wells...
Old 09-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Sep 9 2005, 05:23 AM
Haha ya too many complaints about the blinker system... People just need to learn to adapt. Change is good... they're just not use to the system yet. Just like anything theres a learning curve. Theres tons of arguments on that though... but oh wells...
[snapback]168579[/snapback]
Indeed! Just think what they could say about iDrive................
Old 09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Sep 9 2005, 07:23 AM
Now when I'm used to it, I think the system is great.

First it felt stange, I blinked all over :'( but it took only a day or two I got used to it.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' date='Sep 9 2005, 07:47 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Sep 9 2005, 07:23 AM']Haha ya too many complaints about the blinker system... People just need to learn to adapt. Change is good... they're just not use to the system yet. Just like anything theres a learning curve. Theres tons of arguments on that though... but oh wells...

First it felt stange, I blinked all over :'( but it took only a day or two I got used to it.
[snapback]168603[/snapback]
[/quote]
I remember my first test drive!!! A wake of crashed cars behind me due to dodgy signalling!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Sep 9 2005, 05:02 AM
[quote name='Ricracing' date='Sep 9 2005, 07:47 AM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Sep 9 2005, 07:23 AM']Haha ya too many complaints about the blinker system... People just need to learn to adapt. Change is good... they're just not use to the system yet. Just like anything theres a learning curve. Theres tons of arguments on that though... but oh wells...

[snapback]168603[/snapback]
[/quote]
I remember my first test drive!!! A wake of crashed cars behind me due to dodgy signalling!
[snapback]168620[/snapback]
[/quote]
Really? wow! aouch...
Anyway the signal is great, you just have to learn to cancel it in the same way you first flicked it. It's so nice. The feature is quite interesting because you won't have the CLICKing sound after you turned (when signal comes back again to center position). And the 3 signal is super. It happened to me also (rarely) when i tyed to cancel it in the opposite way, the other one has gone off but you just need to learn...

Quick Reply: The E60 turn signal system