E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 TRANSMISSION SLAM

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started getting transmission slams on my 05 530i when coming to a complete stop the gear just slams itself went and got a tranny service changed oil and new pan cause it was leaking the problem is still going on my mechanic said maybe it can be the air flow meter if not my transmission would need to be rebuild any thoughts or experience you guys might of had with this the mechanic said its the valve body and also no fault codes whatsoever
Old 06-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

the transmission slam went away but now when i put it in reverse it lags for like (2-3) doesnt respond well like it used to very noticeable
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

You need a software update. This is common after you change your trans pan and oil. Contact your dealer.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 545iMike
You need a software update. This is common after you change your trans pan and oil. Contact your dealer.
hey there thanks for the reply my mechanic told me he can do a software update but that won't really help he says its better to just replace my transmission i think he wants to just go the easier way but i would like to go the cheaper way transmission is a little out of my budget as of now
Old 06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

how many miles on the car/transmission?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
how many miles on the car/transmission?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

114K ??? That's it? I can almost bet you he did not use appropriate oil man. Does the transmission slip at all when going in reverse? Ask what kind of tranny oil he used. Could be software could be that there is insufficient amount of oil OR he did not do the appropriate fill. He must go through P R D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 and back while filling.
Get that EGS updated and start asking questions about the oil and don't give him time to call you back. Demand an answer on the spot, he should know the oil he used. If you give him time, and he could easily look it up and lie.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When he changed the tranny oil, he probably should've changed the mechatronics sleeve. That might have cured your problem...if not that, a new mechatronics unit will be needed...
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
114K ??? That's it? I can almost bet you he did not use appropriate oil man. Does the transmission slip at all when going in reverse? Ask what kind of tranny oil he used. Could be software could be that there is insufficient amount of oil OR he did not do the appropriate fill. He must go through P R D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 and back while filling.
Get that EGS updated and start asking questions about the oil and don't give him time to call you back. Demand an answer on the spot, he should know the oil he used. If you give him time, and he could easily look it up and lie.
to be honest i do not know what oil he used but i was there when he was doing the service he had it in a a metal tank that was look like a vacuum cause it had a hose on it after he changed it he put it in reverse put it in d and everything after that i drove the slam did not come back he changed the pan oil and the sealing sleeve i bough the parts and they were all oem after i went home on my way back the car started slamming called him took it to him today he reset something from the on board computer and now it just lags when i put it in r i have to wait a good 3 sec till it goes in reverse or d or waterer really confused about this he told me its the valve body but it costs like 2k? he is a really good mechanic and well known i think he just want to do it the easy way
Old 06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jim165
When he changed the tranny oil, he probably should've changed the mechatronics sleeve. That might have cured your problem...if not that, a new mechatronics unit will be needed...
hey there thanks for the information but he told me it was just a pan leak so i bought a pan and the sealing sleeve can you tell me more about the mechatronics sleeve i do not really know much about it because never experienced a problem like this software update may need to be done not really sure what to do now called me dealer to take it in and see if software update is available

Quick Reply: E60 TRANSMISSION SLAM