E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 Spacegrau pics ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='382641' date='Jan 24 2007, 09:22 AM
"Space" is lighter than "Platinum"? Interesting. My wedding ring is Platinum and it's pretty light. In fact I'd call it "silver".

Yes, platinum is one of the brightest metals in existence and is close to silvery white.
Have you ever seen real Titanium - it's nothing like Titanium grey. It's almost a yellowish pale grey
Same goes for Sapphire Black... where are the sapphires... aren't they blue? Well sapphire black has some gold tones in it not blue. Isn't Carbon Black the one with blue... wait... what colour is carbon? Hmmmm... all very confusing all right!
And the list goes on... and on... and on...

The only reason I even suggested that Platinum Grey might be darker than Space Grey is that it is being thought of as a replacement for Titanium Grey which was fairly dark. Until we see the colour we won't know for sure but I for one for be surprised if it is a shade lighter than silver grey or even close to the colour of your wedding ring ;-)
Old 01-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='382649' date='Jan 24 2007, 09:50 AM
on... and on... and on...
Do we assume by your continuing silence on the subject of e60 ordering, you're currently not going on to upgrade to an e60?

It's must be better to surprise us!

ABC
Old 01-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='382649' date='Jan 24 2007, 09:50 AM
The only reason I even suggested that Platinum Grey might be darker than Space Grey is that it is being thought of as a replacement for Titanium Grey
I would say the facelift grey in the pics is dark and nearer Titanium Grey II (Which is darker than Silver Grey). Remember this is NOT the "old" Titanium Grey" which currently features on the 3 Series. On the 3 Series, Space Grey provides the darker grey.

I wonder whether those that have "thought" about the colour names might have thought about them the wrong way round, when in fact, possibly...

Space Gray (Dark Grey) = replacement for Titanium Grey II
Platinum Grey (Light Grey) = Siver variant

ABC
Old 01-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='382635' date='Jan 24 2007, 04:15 AM
Do you like it? Are you thinking of ordering a facelift E60?
Wel ... yes I man ... in fact my company is. I'm thinking of the SpaceGrau color with a Dacota Black interior. But I will have to decide quickly now because my boss is going to order it tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cave' post='382661' date='Jan 24 2007, 10:35 AM
Wel ... yes I man ... in fact my company is. I'm thinking of the SpaceGrau color with a Dacota Black interior. But I will have to decide quickly now because my boss is going to order it tomorrow.
If you want a darker effect like Titanium Grey II, then IMHO Space Grey looks the contender. If you want a lighter silver, I feel you must make a different choice.

ABC
Old 01-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='382664' date='Jan 24 2007, 10:39 AM
If you want a darker effect like Titanium Grey II, then IMHO Space Grey looks the contender. If you want a lighter silver, I feel you must make a different choice.
Well if 'Space Grey' is the same colour on the E60 as it is on the E92 (and I would be surprised to find out otherwise)... it's actually quite a light colour... much closer to the current Silver Grey than Titanium Grey.

Hope this helps...
Why don't you just check out an E92 in silver grey in some dealership and see if you like the colour.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

Stopped by my dealer yesterday and he just got new paint samples, plaques, with Platinum gray --- and it was very dark gray! Even darker than Titanium gray II!!...almost with a very, very subtle greenish tone under some light (showroom only, pitch black outside).
I had to look twice at the label on the sample and it really said Platinum gray!

Oh, I also looked at the Natural brown Dakota -- looked the same as the samples from the 7-series, althoug slightly different leather texture.

my 2 cents
Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='382676' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:01 AM
Stopped by my dealer yesterday and he just got new paint samples, plaques, with Platinum gray --- and it was very dark gray! Even darker than Titanium gray II!!...almost with a very, very subtle greenish tone under some light (showroom only, pitch black outside).
I had to look twice at the label on the sample and it really said Platinum gray!
Definitive answer.

You can't beat it.

Thanks.

ABC
Old 01-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

This all makes sense. Some of the US dealer info that has been posted states that Space Gray replaces Siver Gray and Patinum Gray replaces Titanium Gray.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Scandic24' post='382676' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:01 AM
Oh, I also looked at the Natural brown Dakota -- looked the same as the samples from the 7-series, althoug slightly different leather texture.
Did you like it?
Did you happen find out if it this was a 2-tone interior (ie. black carpets & lower dash)

Have seen the paint and leather swatches with your own eyes, what are your 1st choices... ?

Quick Reply: E60 Spacegrau pics ?