E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Side Marker Defective Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 10:04 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: No BMW
Default E60 Side Marker Defective Error

Hey All,
I have done some searching of the interwebs and have found nothing, no clues, no definitive answers to my issues.

My car is a 2006 530i, from Florida with not the best maintenance and care history. I did an LM2 swap modification in February of 2018. Recently my eyebrows decided to quit working and I am trying to diagnose why. I have read the errors in my LM2 and I am getting an error code from INPA "0xA8B4 side marker light defective". This error indicates only the right side, I don't have one for the left side eyebrow, but neither side work as of about 4-5 weeks ago, and I did the LM2 swap back in February, and the eyebrows were working then up to 4-5 weeks ago. Don't really know or have any insight as to why both sides just quit working. I have all other lighting functions still working in my headlights, just not the eyebrows.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? What was it? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2018, 05:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by mboat
Hey All,
I have done some searching of the interwebs and have found nothing, no clues, no definitive answers to my issues.

My car is a 2006 530i, from Florida with not the best maintenance and care history. I did an LM2 swap modification in February of 2018. Recently my eyebrows decided to quit working and I am trying to diagnose why. I have read the errors in my LM2 and I am getting an error code from INPA "0xA8B4 side marker light defective". This error indicates only the right side, I don't have one for the left side eyebrow, but neither side work as of about 4-5 weeks ago, and I did the LM2 swap back in February, and the eyebrows were working then up to 4-5 weeks ago. Don't really know or have any insight as to why both sides just quit working. I have all other lighting functions still working in my headlights, just not the eyebrows.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? What was it? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
I had that same issue when I first got my car. I coded the light modules back to factory and both eyebrows worked. I did not code the LM just the modules under the headlight. I can't remember what they are called. I believe I used NCS, something from the BMW tools. I haven't done this in years so I don't remember for sure. I would suggest checking BMWCoding.com.