E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 production stopped

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:10 AM
HIO
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Productionloss aprox 3500 cars until now says BMW boss Helmut Panhke.
Problems that causes low pressure in fuelinjectors, and engine stall easily.
He says also that perhaps BMW needs to make a recall and replace those injectors in delivered cars (13500) worldwide.
Robert Bosch is the manufacturer of the injectors, they have now a upgraded injector and BMW will start production again next week.

Info from Auto Motor und Sport.

Regards

Still waiting for my 535D
Old 02-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Members

My Ride: coming in March 530d touring individual, messing metallic, platino extended leather, piano black interior trim, M-sport packet, head up display, navigation professional, logic 7, active steering, CD changer, Bluetooth, packet light, adaptive and xenon lights, PDC, heated seats, packet mirrors, panorama sunroof, alarm, automatic rear door

Originally Posted by HIO' date='Feb 2 2005, 09:10 PM
Productionloss aprox 3500 cars until now says BMW boss Helmut Panhke.
Problems that causes low pressure in fuelinjectors, and engine stall easily.
He says also that perhaps BMW needs to make a recall and replace those injectors in delivered cars (13500) worldwide.
Robert Bosch is the manufacturer of the injectors, they have now a upgraded injector and BMW will start production again next week.

Info from Auto Motor und Sport.

Regards

Still waiting for my 535D
[snapback]86133[/snapback]
I'm still waiting for my 530d, which should go to production this week. Probably not :'(
Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Members

I wonder if these are the same injectors as on the E39 525D. My last car had to have all six replaced after 66,000miles and then 4 weeks later required 4 more. At around ?270 each this was one hell of a repair bill with my car out of warranty, particularly as the cylinder head had to be taken off both times to extract the injectors. Bill came to over ?3000 for a 3 year old car. After much arguing BMW agreed to pay the labour and I had to pay for some of the parts.

Look forward to my 530D (E60) being recalled!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

The 530d shares its injectors with the 3 Series, and these have not been stopped or recalled, which lead me to believe its only 535d

other press releases also state its only December 2004 and January 2005 cars that are affected
Old 02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

There was a delay in prodcution back in Oct-Nov 04. Can't rememeber what it was for...I just know my car was delayed a month.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

I believed that the problem was concerning the injection pump and not the injectors.

I am also waiting my 535D which is from my last info in 152 stage (painting).

The question is when did they stop the production, is the production still stoped and up to when?

Can our US friends help us with their BMW trackinf system?
Old 02-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Members

My Ride: coming in March 530d touring individual, messing metallic, platino extended leather, piano black interior trim, M-sport packet, head up display, navigation professional, logic 7, active steering, CD changer, Bluetooth, packet light, adaptive and xenon lights, PDC, heated seats, packet mirrors, panorama sunroof, alarm, automatic rear door

Can I track my car over the internet ?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

Originally Posted by karelt' date='Feb 3 2005, 12:26 PM
Can I track my car over the internet ?
[snapback]86346[/snapback]
In France we cannot. The American can with their VIN N?.

Your dealer can do it for you.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by FJPM' date='Feb 3 2005, 04:37 AM
I believed that the problem was concerning the injection pump and not the injectors.

I am also waiting my 535D which is from my last info in 152 stage (painting).

The question is when did they stop the production, is the production still stoped and up to when?

Can our US friends help us with their BMW trackinf system?
[snapback]86343[/snapback]
yes it was the pump, but which one is the question, the high pressure one is shared with the 3 series and was changed in November production , the low pressure one is unique to the 5 series

From BBC

"Bosch has stopped production of the part but expects to restart by 2 February.

The faulty component does not represent a safety risk but causes the motor to stall after a significant amount of mileage.

When asked if BMW would be seeking compensation from Bosch, the carmaker's chief executive Helmut Panke said: "we will first solve the problem before talking about who will pay".

Audi and Mercedes Benz were also supplied with the defective diesel fuel-injection pumps but neither of them have to recall any vehicles.

A spokesman for DaimlerChrysler, parent company of Mercedes Benz, said it will however have to halt some production.

It is to close the Mercedes factory in Sindelfingen on Monday and Tuesday.

Audi said it had been hit by production bottlenecks, due to a shortage of unaffected Bosch parts"
Old 02-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Members

It looks that it is a pump for 6 cylinders only which is shared by other manufacturer.

I did not know that the 5 was having a low pressure pump.

Only Dingolfing seems to be affected but why are they closing next week if Bosch supplies is able to supply pumps without problems from yesterday.

Quick Reply: E60 production stopped