E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Prices and discounts in UK

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Trying to get a good deal on a BMW 520d SE Auto at the moment.

Requirement is one with low miles and ideally late 2008 reg - so 2nd hand no problem.

I've scouted BMW.co.uk, with most appearing to cost 25, 26k with 1 lower at 24k (now sold) -nearly all have Bus Nav & Leather

Thing is, I've been on drivethedeal and you can get brand new ones from stock now for 23-25k depending on spec.

This maybe a new thing as it seems BMW are offering ?2000 discounts for stuff from stock (is this very recent?) - these are cheaper than the bmw used cars but the dealers I've spoken to don't appear to want to discount their used car stock accordingly.

Thoughts? With the new F10 around the corner as well, I guess waiting for the impact of the new discounts to hit 2nd hand cars harder maybe the way to go?

Cheers

J
Old 04-18-2009, 02:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

Stuff the greedy Dealers. Go to Drive the Deal (Broadspeed are good sometimes too)

You could do a deal with your local $tealer for one of his own stock cars, but these would be ex-demo, so should be priced accordingly. IMHO if you can get a new one for almost $tealer 2nd hand price, then go for it. You could also get the Drive the Deal quote and go to the $tealer and see what he can do - if he's desparate, then he'll give you the discount, but from my experience, and the anecdotal evidence on here, they are too arrogant to want to bother.

Mike
Old 04-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Members

Yes, judging from current experience I think too arrogant to bother sums it up all too well. One dealer I spoke to said he hadn't heard of broadspeed - I'm not sure whether it is harder to believe whether a) this could in any way possibly be true for someone in the motortrade, or b) he genuinely actually expected me to believe that he hadn't.

One typical car I just priced up on drivethedeal was ?800 less than a 7 month old 10,000 mile car at a dealer with the same spec that I had enquired about.

It could be that these offers are very new so haven't filtered through, or that they rely on people not being aware of the discounts and therefore that can charge these amounts for used stock and get away with it. If they do then good luck to them and more fool UK buyers - you can see how this could foster their arrogance!

Do you know which Main Dealer Driverthedeal uses? I thought it used to be the Coopers group, and assumed this has not changed. I guess I could contact them direct to check whats in stock.

PS Another dealer stated this morning there is a shortage of all 2.0d stock (1er, 3er, 5er) - could this be true or a ruse to explain why he didn't have any in!? Maybe the stock clearing discounts are out of date after all, but can't help thinking there is still probably a E60 mountain up at BMW distribution centre at Thorne, what with the credit crunch and all that.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:56 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by ///ajd' post='851073' date='Apr 18 2009, 11:54 AM
Do you know which Main Dealer Driverthedeal uses? I thought it used to be the Coopers group, and assumed this has not changed. I guess I could contact them direct to check whats in stock.
A few years ago it was the BMW in Aberdeen they used, can't remember thier name, I ended up cancelling my order as they messed it up. Had a manual 530D delivered instead of an Auto...........................can you believe it!!

Not drive the deals fault, the guy there was horrified.

Unless a dealer can give you a used car for at least ?2000 less than the new price forget it, go with drive the deal and have the benefit of exactly the car you want.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 AM
rjc
Members

My Ride: Oct 2007: 525d SE Auto, Space Grey, Black Leather, Visibility Pack, Luxury Pack, Media Pack, Rear Air Bags, Space Saver Spare, Comfort Access, Auto Dim mirror + Ext folding, Through Load System, All round heated seats, Extended interior light pack, DAB, Logic 7, USB Interface and HUD.

When I bought my 525d, I took in 3 sets of prices from brokers and averaged them. I simply said if the dealer would match the average price, for the spec as shown, I would buy it. I left happy with the price, he had the easiest sale of the year.

Failing that, I would have gone with a broker - it was just 'easier' to go with the local dealer.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

I got quotes from Drive the Deal last year for a Renault Clio (not for me - an ageing female friend. Honest!).
Had a follow up phone call and they would supply at a Dealer within 15 miles of me (although not the closest one).
I suppose they have quite a few contacts around the country.
BTW The lady ended up with a Toyota Yaris from a local dealer.

Got the wife a new Seat Ibiza last year. Took various internet quotes and bargained my local dealer down to the lowest price plus ?25 (He was down to lowest + ?50). I was walking to the door, on the way out when he agreed to my price! You have to be prepared to do that.

Mike
Old 04-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Members

My Ride: Nov 07 530i M Sport - Sports Auto - Carbon Black - black dakota - 172's - Media - Visibility - Heated front seats - Auto dim / fold mirrors

I live near the UK distribution centre (near Thorne) and pass it often

I can tell you that what was the largest stock I have ever seen just a couple of months ago (i.e. in two overflow car parks at the side of the normal area), stock levels there are now a lot lower

That being the case, I expect there to be less pressure on selling cars now than there was.

Regarding where to buy from, get a new from a broker if it is cheaper than a used. But give the local dealer a shot at the price if you get on with them

I remember buying a corsa from a broker for ?7k. At the time the local dealer said he couldn't get one from Vauxhall for that, all discounts and rebates included.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Members

Have you tried Motorpoint?

www.motorpoint.co.uk

Not quite what you're looking for but they have 525i SE Auto with high high specs!! Leather, Comfort seats, Xenons even sunblinds!! etc BUT and in my opinion a big BUT no Sat Nav!!! Impossible mistake me thinks. This may be a listing error on their behalf but call them to check if this car suits you.

Also i noticed in their small photos that the cars don't appear to be LCI. In the blurb it states 2009 car with delivery mileage, but once again it may be a listings error. Otherwise these cars have been sitting a long time in an airfield somewhere!!

Also all the stock appears to be in Silver.

Oh yes the price......?21999 - incredible ?14456 saving!!!

There must be a few catches, me thinks maybe they are imported cars but you really can't argue with the price.

I copied and pasted the fitted options below;

17" Alloys
6 CD autochanger in glovebox
ABS
Active Steering (AFS)
Adaptive headlights
Air Bags
Bi-Xenon headlights and headlight washers
BMW hi-fi speaker system
BMW professional radio
Central Locking
Climate Control
Cruise control
Dakota leather upholstery
Electric Comfort seats
Electric Mirrors
Electric rear + manual rear side sunblinds
Electric Windows
Exterior / interior mirrors + auto anti dazzle + fold door mirrors
Front/rear park distance control
High gloss maple wood trim
Metallic paint
Power Steering
Rear side airbags
Smokers pack
Sports Leather steering wheel
Traction Control
Visibility pack - 5 Series
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Members

Correction....there appears to be one in Grey but i still can't make out if the are LCI cars.

Looking at the iDrive knob they don't appear to be LCI.

I wouldn't mind getting one myself, my no sat nav is a biggie for me. As for the Petrol engines, i think i would prefer it. I have a 2004 530d SE and driving in London most days, the noise is just not my thing, coming from a succession of sweet smooth petrol engines.

But the huge huge savings would more than negate the diesel advantage in my opinion.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Members

NOT LCI cars!

Darn, these poor cars must have been standing in an airfield an awfully long time.

So not sure what warranties these have.

Should call Motorpoint to find out.....but scared of being suckered into actually buying one!!

Quick Reply: E60 Prices and discounts in UK