E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 owners with standard audio system

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This post is for all e60 owners with the standard audio system. I am trying to decide If i have a issue with my audio system or we all just have a very underpowered low quality system. I often find myself turning the volume up wanting more volume only to find out its at its max power. I have never had a car even cheap cars where I can turn the volume all the way up and listen to the music comfotably and still want it to go even louder. Usually any audio system if i turn it all the way up its way to loud to listen to and enjoy at the same time. So i was just wondering if any of you have this same problem. Can you turn it all the way up and listen comfortablly and still want it go higher ( especially with windows down) Please let me know how yours is so I can tell if maybe I have a problem with mine. Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

This has been a common complaint in the forums. So yours isn't alone. I can not say for sure since in the US we have what I think is referred to as "radio advanced" in Europe and we don't have this prob.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

Hi

I have the std system but no such problem. You should take it to the dealer for a check up. The only problem I've had with my system is that on rare occasions, the volume will sudden burst way up for like 2 seconds and then back to normal. Sometimes scares me to death while Im driving. But after a fix at the dealer, havent heard it since.

Good luck
Bunbun.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 AM

I've got the Logic7 system which was the best stereo upgrade on the options list. It's good, but not loud enough. I can easily turn it up to full volume with the windows open without feeling it's loud enough. Stereo on my last car (Jaguar xj8) was much louder.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Sep 27 2004, 10:25 AM
This has been a common complaint in the forums. So yours isn't alone. I can not say for sure since in the US we have what I think is referred to as "radio advanced" in Europe and we don't have this prob.
[snapback]38567[/snapback]

I guess I should have restricted this to US owners.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Members

Standard system and no such problems.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60COYOTE' date='Sep 27 2004, 10:50 AM
Standard system and no such problems.
[snapback]38572[/snapback]

Anyone have any suggestions on what it might be?
Old 09-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Members

Just to clarify, you're having a volume problem? As in, not loud enough for normal listening and not party machine loud?

If that's the case you should definitely see your dealer about it. The standard system should be more than enough for the average user.

Could be an iDrive fluke. Windows does weird things to anything its attached to.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I suggest you to do is go to dealer and try another 5-series audio similar to yours to see if it behaves the same way as yours. If it behaves the way you want, get your car check ASAP.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Members

good idea I think I am goin to go test drive an e60 and turn the volume up and see what happens.

Quick Reply: E60 owners with standard audio system