E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 No Audio From Any Source

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i All Black

A few days ago, I lost all sound coming from any audio source. After browsing the web and referencing some of the troubleshooting steps in this forum on multiple threads, I have narrowed it down to the amp (or worse a CCC that is on its last days). Hoping for the latter, I have ordered a replacement amp on eBay (from vendor with a return policy) and hope to replace to restore radio, CD, navigation, Bluetooth, etc.

Has any one performed this repair? Any recommendations? I am replacing for the exact part number.

E60 No Audio From Any Source-20120529_122429.jpg

My plan was to disconnect the battery, let it sit for 30 minutes, remove old unit and replace. Reconnect battery and start car. Am I missing anything?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Members

I had this problem - try your other fob key
Old 06-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by YeeeHaa
Hadn't even thought of this...anyone else have this same issue / key resolution? We're in the middle of moving and cannot locate my spare. Do you think if I had one made, the same problem on my current fob would somehow be replicated to the new one?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

This is a very good point. But OP you didn't mention any year/model...all I see is the standard HB amp there. So no sound at all? And you do have a CCC and not a MASK right?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by browncow
Hadn't even thought of this...anyone else have this same issue / key resolution? We're in the middle of moving and cannot locate my spare. Do you think if I had one made, the same problem on my current fob would somehow be replicated to the new one?
My spare fob fixed the audio problem. But when I referred back to the origional fob the problem came back. My car had a software update with the next service and the problem was fully fixed.

For me it was definitely the key fob until the software update was installed.

My suggestion would be instead of getting a new fob (250 bob) - get the sofware update - idrive update is much better/looker cooler.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Members

My spare fob fixed the audio problem. But when I referred back to the origional fob the problem came back. My car had a software update with the next service and the problem was fully fixed.

For me it was definitely the key fob until the software update was installed.

My suggestion would be instead of getting a new fob (250 bob) - get the sofware update - idrive update is much better/looker cooler.
This is on a 2006 530i. I got an estimate of $336 from the local dealership for a software update on the iDrive. Sound reasonable?
Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

This is on a 2006 530i. I got an estimate of $336 from the local dealership for a software update on the iDrive. Sound reasonable?
sounds right but I am sure you can get it for less. iDrive software is not the only thing you need to update. For this you need to update the CAS and LMA and then encode all units. You can do this for half that price. You can actually do the flash yourself if you were so inclined and have the right tools. I would just update the entire car but if you dont want to worry about it, off to the dealer it goes. Do not trust an indy with this.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Members

Mine is also a 2006 530. That estimate sounds a little steep. Shop around in other bmw dealers & get a quote rather than an estimate is the only advise I can give.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Members

Well, it wasn't the amp. Damn. I'm going have the dealer diagnose / update software, not too keen on doing through an independent.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Well, it wasn't the amp. Damn. I'm going have the dealer diagnose / update software, not too keen on doing through an independent.

That's why it's important for everyone to own their own set of BMW tools. Seriously. One time I went in for an up date a long time ago and it was $300 bill! For that much I could have had my own setup and updated anything I wanted to. If I knew then what i know now

Quick Reply: E60 No Audio From Any Source