E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Navigation Voice

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54
Default E60 Navigation Voice

After my 2005 E60 CCC was repaired by an online store, a couple features did not work. Email to that online store did not yield any good solution to fix the problem

1) Navigation turn by turn voice
2) Voice control

Everything else are working fine: navigation (no sound), radio, CD, DVD, Bluetooth phone.

Any idea of how to get these feature working/back again ?

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

What was not working before you got the CCC repaired? Were those fixed? Were those two things you listed working before you sent it in for repair? Also, read through any sales agreement. Did they just promise to give it their best effort or did they offer any guarantee?
Make sure you haven't missed a setting in iDrive or something. I know my voice control acts flaky sometimes, but I don't have NAV.

Rather than email, I would call and ask for the owner and demand that they rectify the problem. Threaten BBB action if they won't give you any satisfaction.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JayArras
What was not working before you got the CCC repaired? Were those fixed? Were those two things you listed working before you sent it in for repair? Also, read through any sales agreement. Did they just promise to give it their best effort or did they offer any guarantee?
Make sure you haven't missed a setting in iDrive or something. I know my voice control acts flaky sometimes, but I don't have NAV.

Rather than email, I would call and ask for the owner and demand that they rectify the problem. Threaten BBB action if they won't give you any satisfaction.
Before the repair, CCC was in constant boot loop. Other than that, everything working - voice control, navigation with turn by turn voice, DVD, CD radio and BT phone. After repair, voice control and navigation turn by turn voice are not working. Everything else are working fine. Nothing missing from iDrive menu.

Their guarantee is on the CCC unit itself for 12 months. They upgraded CCC software after repair. When I first called them, I was told that my TCU software was old need to upgrade then voice control and navigation voice would come back. Then a day later, I emailed them about the missing of FSC during repair which could lead to voice control disable. Then they said they did not support FSC and only repair CCC. FSC can only be obtained from dealer. They said that FSC could be corrupted initially. They did provide some instruction to get navigation turn by turn voice back. But it did not work.

So the last resort is either to find out the way to enable voice control and navigation voice back from forums like this one. Or go to dealer to let them do it for $$$.

This story tells us be careful about CCC repair service provided from online store. It may cost less to start with. It may cost more at the end when going back to dealer to fix something else from CCC repair.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:04 PM
New Members

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i 6-spd; 2007 530i Sport
Model Year: 2008

Do you mind sharing whom you used to "fix it"? Mine is acting up and I'm doing my due-diligence to make my plans.
Thanks
Old 11-14-2017, 11:51 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60
Engine: 530d

For voice control, check that FA620 is set and also SVS in CAPPL needs to be aktiv.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chris30o0
For voice control, check that FA620 is set and also SVS in CAPPL needs to be aktiv.
My car came with Voice Control SA620. Where to verify that FA620 is set and SVS in CAPPL ? What tool should be used to check, INPA, NCExpert, etc ...

Thanks.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old 11-15-2017, 10:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60
Engine: 530d

For both you'll use NCS Expert.
Get yourself familiar with the software and look for instructions on how to change or add a FahrzeugAuftrag (Vehicle Order) and just look for $620 in that list.
If it's in there, you're good to go. If not, you'll have to add it. Lots of instructions on that as well.

Then, learn how to read control units and read CAPPL.
Look for the line SVS and check whether the line below is aktiv or nicht_aktiv.
If it's aktiv, you're good to go. If not, you'll have to change it. Lots of instructions on that as well.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by chris30o0
For both you'll use NCS Expert.
Get yourself familiar with the software and look for instructions on how to change or add a FahrzeugAuftrag (Vehicle Order) and just look for $620 in that list.
If it's in there, you're good to go. If not, you'll have to add it. Lots of instructions on that as well.

Then, learn how to read control units and read CAPPL.
Look for the line SVS and check whether the line below is aktiv or nicht_aktiv.
If it's aktiv, you're good to go. If not, you'll have to change it. Lots of instructions on that as well.
Thank you for the information. I will do that ....

Ching-Ho Cheng