E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 door seals

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Just got back from my dealer, drove an SA and he noticed it too Finally they agree on the problem! He said that we can try to put some special "sticker" over the seals first, because to exchange the sealing is "too much work" - no I mean he said the doors from the inside has to be totaly taken apart, the inside door panel etc..... Which I agree is not worth of squaking sealing. Because once your doors are taken apart, they will make weird noises forever
Old 05-27-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

got my car back yesterday, now have new door seals fitted, happy to report ALL squeaks have gone (for now). dealer said it was 4th set of seals they'd fitted to E60's this week.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='May 27 2005, 05:29 AM
got my car back yesterday, now have new door seals fitted, happy to report ALL squeaks have gone (for now). dealer said it was 4th set of seals they'd fitted to E60's this week.
[snapback]133688[/snapback]
I just got car back yesterday. They fitted new seals 2 wks back and lubricated it by mistake so had rare noise. They told me needed doing again so re-booked. BMW told them to forget the silicone remover, fit brand new seals again. So they did yesterday, seems ok so far.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530D SE

Creaking fixed!

I just thought I'd let you know how I recently fixed my particular loud door creaking problem

It was caused by the flock (fuzzy) lining on the top of the doors.

Before I found this out I'd returned my car to the dealer twice for the door seals lubricating. This only lasted about a month, before the creaking came back.

So I bought some silicone spray lubricant from Halfords and did it myself.

After much 'testing' I found out I only needed to lubricate (soak!) the flock lining tops of the doors, leaving the rubber seals dry & untouched.

It has now lasted for almost 2 months (6 thorough washes) with no creaks

Hope this solution works for some of you...
Old 06-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Got car back after 3 days at dealer. SA states they Carboflo it, useless. SA had no clue about any door seals being redesign or being replaced. Just to make sure, are we talking about the black rubber stripping around the door? SA is 1 dumb shit.

Any of you that live out in orange county, ca...Chris at Crevier is a clueless SA. Don't bother. Switching SA on next visit.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Jun 4 2005, 04:56 PM
Got car back after 3 days at dealer.? SA states they Carboflo it, useless.? SA had no clue about any door seals being redesign or being replaced.? Just to make sure, are we talking about the black rubber stripping around the door?? SA is 1 dumb shit.

Any of you that live out in orange county, ca...Chris at Crevier is a clueless SA.? Don't bother.? Switching SA on next visit.
[snapback]136227[/snapback]
Yes, the culprit door seals are the felt seals around the top of the door. I have had carboflo applied 4 times. The first 3 lasted about a month, and then the squeaks got worse. On the last application, for some reason, I have NOT had any trouble for almost 4 months now. If you do a search here, you will find more extensive threads/info on the new door seals. Apparently, they have the same part number, but a different color sticker on them. Be persistent with your SA, and assure him there are new seals....sounds like he's being lazy! Good luck.....
Old 06-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Tell him to actually watch the Roundtable video that BMW sends out monthly (I think it's monthly) that talks about known problems and solutions for various BMW models. Supposedly one from several months ago told dealers to stop doing the carboflo treatment and the new seals were being developed. The most recent Roundtable indicated that the new seals were now available, though whether your dealer has them in yet or not is questionable. As we are finding all too common, your SA is not taking advantage of what information that BMW is making available to him inorder to better serve his customers.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jun 4 2005, 05:19 PM
Tell him to actually watch the Roundtable video that BMW sends out monthly (I think it's monthly) that talks about known problems and solutions for various BMW models.? Supposedly one from several months ago told dealers to stop doing the carboflo treatment and the new seals were being developed.? The most recent Roundtable indicated that the new seals were now available, though whether your dealer has them in yet or not is questionable.? As we are finding all too common, your SA is not taking advantage of what information that BMW is making available to him inorder to better serve his customers.
[snapback]136233[/snapback]
I asked my SA if he had heard of the Roundtable Videos, and he said he had heard of them, but didn't watch them.......seems like a good idea for the SAs to be as current, or more current than us owners......at least I think it would be......
Old 06-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='Jun 4 2005, 04:25 PM
I asked my SA if he had heard of the Roundtable Videos, and he said he had heard of them, but didn't watch them.......seems like a good idea for the SAs to be as current, or more current than us owners......at least I think it would be......
[snapback]136236[/snapback]

Give them to me! I'll watch them and I'll just TELL them what to do with my car. Sheesh!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

I did contact BMWNA and let the dealer and SA have it. They should be contactingme or the deale shortly. Hopel=fully, the new info will help. Thanks guys...should we all just pull a coup or something and just fixing or own stuff. You guys seem to know more than the SA