E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Computer system version? SA606, SA638 & SA644?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at BMW OEM Pro Nav installation manual and it mentions Car computer system SA606, SA638 and SA644.
I own 2008 528i and How do I figure out which version is installed on my car? Do guys know a shop or website where they sell brand new Navigation Pro Retrofit for reasonable price?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssibaroma' post='725891' date='Nov 19 2008, 10:39 PM
I was looking at BMW OEM Pro Nav installation manual and it mentions Car computer system SA606, SA638 and SA644.
I own 2008 528i and How do I figure out which version is installed on my car? Do guys know a shop or website where they sell brand new Navigation Pro Retrofit for reasonable price?

Thanks in advance
Since your signature says Sirius, I'll assume you're in the USA.

SA606 is Navigation Business (aka Nav Low, although is the MASK iDrive, the turn-by-turn arrow type Nav in these was not offered in USA)

Given your 5er is fairly late model, there's a good chance SA609 (Navigation Professional, aka CCC retrofit) can be retrofit. Technically I think this requires the car have option 6UA (CCC retrofit prep) and I'm not sure this was standard or optionable (may depend upon market, check with your dealer). I think mostly this would probably consist of the GPS antenna in the shark fin prewired to the dash, otherwise you're in for a heck of a cable routing, which in my mind, I'd rather sell the current car, find one with Nav at a better price then face a sinkhole-for-time project like Nav retrofit. But again, check if 6UA is on the car's build list (vehicle order) - if so it may make the process far easier.

Print the attachment and take to your dealer to see if SA609 is possible to retrofit on your car.

Or, at least if you can get the trim panel for CCC (dual slot CD/DVD basically) out of parts (good place to look is realoem.com) and then if you buy a CCC and widescreen for a 5er or 6er off of eBay (buyer beware, check and doublecheck the part #s!). PM us as we may have at least a screen if not also CCC from a 6er for sale by late January 2010. Then of course, you also have to buy the video cable, etc etc. How to get the individual part #'s, someone else here may have to pipe up with more detailed knowledge.

If you have a good BMW shop in your area with GT1/DIS/EDIABAS/INPA/Autologic etc advanced diagnostic & coding tools, you may be able to do this. Beware, it's not for the faint of heart.

Cheers!

(Note: this is just helpful tidbits based on my BMW knowledge, not from the mObridge perspective or anything that we sell)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CCC_EBA_Retrofit_E60.pdf (544.6 KB, 303 views)
Old 11-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by mObridge' post='1062504' date='Nov 25 2009, 12:44 PM
Since your signature says Sirius, I'll assume you're in the USA.

SA606 is Navigation Business (aka Nav Low, although is the MASK iDrive, the turn-by-turn arrow type Nav in these was not offered in USA)

Given your 5er is fairly late model, there's a good chance SA609 (Navigation Professional, aka CCC retrofit) can be retrofit. Technically I think this requires the car have option 6UA (CCC retrofit prep) and I'm not sure this was standard or optionable (may depend upon market, check with your dealer). I think mostly this would probably consist of the GPS antenna in the shark fin prewired to the dash, otherwise you're in for a heck of a cable routing, which in my mind, I'd rather sell the current car, find one with Nav at a better price then face a sinkhole-for-time project like Nav retrofit. But again, check if 6UA is on the car's build list (vehicle order) - if so it may make the process far easier.

Print the attachment and take to your dealer to see if SA609 is possible to retrofit on your car.

Or, at least if you can get the trim panel for CCC (dual slot CD/DVD basically) out of parts (good place to look is realoem.com) and then if you buy a CCC and widescreen for a 5er or 6er off of eBay (buyer beware, check and doublecheck the part #s!). PM us as we may have at least a screen if not also CCC from a 6er for sale by late January 2010. Then of course, you also have to buy the video cable, etc etc. How to get the individual part #'s, someone else here may have to pipe up with more detailed knowledge.

If you have a good BMW shop in your area with GT1/DIS/EDIABAS/INPA/Autologic etc advanced diagnostic & coding tools, you may be able to do this. Beware, it's not for the faint of heart.

Cheers!

(Note: this is just helpful tidbits based on my BMW knowledge, not from the mObridge perspective or anything that we sell)

I have an E60 that was factory pre-navigation wired. I had NO navigation at all just the M-ASK CD Drive. You will know if ur car is nav-prepped (6UA if you simply look at the "bluetooth" module under the left trunk wheel well cover and find a blue Fakra connector wrapped in a velcro strap and you will find the same blue connector at the back of the M-ASK. If you are Nav-prepped, you need to find a CCC and You can use the "professional" widescreen off another 5 series, X5, 6 Series. I am not sure about the 7 Series.......long story short, the plugs will fit in the professional screen. You'll just need to shave a little piece of you current plugs adapter.....if you go ahead with install you'll see what I mean. Obviously the LCD housing will also not work if not a 5 series, but if you have a dremmel you can take yours apart and retrofit the professional wide-screen to the current 6.5" screen housing. if you can't find a screen right away no worries you can use your current screen for the new CCC it will just cut off the sides of the viewable area so you wont be able to see the far right or left. Doesn't affect the functionality though.

If your CCC doesn't come with a disc I suggest and OEM dvd no matter if it's old. Burned discs hardly work for some reason.

The dual-drive BMW faceplate is one piece and costs around $30-$40 from dealer. You will need nothing else except for possible coding. Your navigation will work when plugged in but you most likely won't have sound.

You will need to unplug the blue fakra connector from the "bluetooth module" and plug it into the male fakra connector hidden in the wrap to get a satellite signal.

Good Luck.