E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Chrome window trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I bent the lower window trim on my E60 when trying to remove it while trying a shadaowline tape experiment.... I will stick with chrome and need to replace it. If someone kept their chromed trim after installing a shadowline kit and wants to sell the channel cover, exterior, door, front left please let me know. Thx.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Members

For those who want to stick with chromed trim and want to bring back a nice polish look for less than $50. Check this product:

http://classictrimcoat.com/aluminum-deoxidizer-cars.php

Classic TrimCoat's Oxidized Aluminum Treatment for Cars is a water-based aluminum deoxidizer that restores the shine to exterior anodized aluminum window trim. Oxidation is a common problem for BMW.

The kit includes everything you need to refinish your oxidized aluminum trim!
-Cleaner
-Remover
-1000 Grit Sandpaper
-Instructional DVD

The instructional video demonstrates the simple steps to remove oxidation from your car's trim, and owner Paul Miller reveals tips for a professional looking finish.

Replacing watermarked aluminum trim is expensive! The Classic TrimCoat Treatment eliminates the oxidized look and leaves your trim with a protective clearcoat for a long lasting shine.

I will give it a try and post results.

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lufevi
For those who want to stick with chromed trim and want to bring back a nice polish look for less than $50. Check this product:

http://classictrimcoat.com/aluminum-deoxidizer-cars.php

Classic TrimCoat's Oxidized Aluminum Treatment for Cars is a water-based aluminum deoxidizer that restores the shine to exterior anodized aluminum window trim. Oxidation is a common problem for BMW.

The kit includes everything you need to refinish your oxidized aluminum trim!
-Cleaner
-Remover
-1000 Grit Sandpaper
-Instructional DVD

The instructional video demonstrates the simple steps to remove oxidation from your car's trim, and owner Paul Miller reveals tips for a professional looking finish.

Replacing watermarked aluminum trim is expensive! The Classic TrimCoat Treatment eliminates the oxidized look and leaves your trim with a protective clearcoat for a long lasting shine.

I will give it a try and post results.

Thanks.

great find!! would like to see your end results when you're finished!!