E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e60 centre console

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello everyone first post

just picked up a e60 grey 530d it has beige leather and matching centre console i want to tone it down abit and swap my beige centre for a black one
anyone willing to do a straight swap? if not anyone know if i get a black one can i transfer the trim from my original one to the new one so it matches dash trim etc?

any links to removal and refit would be great too!

hope someone may be able to help!

many thanks
matt
Old 03-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Members

Change trim
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Members

Do you mean the transmission tunnel trim? Also, what year is your car? I have a black one spare, but it's from an LCI model with the latest idrive controller (the one with all the extra buttons on). This is different to the one from a pre-LCI model as far as I can tell.

I also have the black vinyl (not leather) arm rest pads. These will fit pre or post LCI.

I don't have a detailed how-to on how to change these parts, but I might be able to answer questions as I've changed parts on my transmission tunnel (which is why I have these spares).
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by witte
This is bril thanks so much all saved for future reference

regards for your time

matt
Old 03-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by spandex
Do you mean the transmission tunnel trim? Also, what year is your car? I have a black one spare, but it's from an LCI model with the latest idrive controller (the one with all the extra buttons on). This is different to the one from a pre-LCI model as far as I can tell.

I also have the black vinyl (not leather) arm rest pads. These will fit pre or post LCI.

I don't have a detailed how-to on how to change these parts, but I might be able to answer questions as I've changed parts on my transmission tunnel (which is why I have these spares).

sounds like you could be my saviour on ripping out my centre console / transmision tunnel / arm rest what ever i dont know what 2 call it now lol! on this accasion any way basically see this pis of mine i want to change all the beige top pieces on it like the phone bit etc and arm rest to black to tone it all down abit and to match the dash so do you have them pieces in black 2nd pic is a diagram from that bril link above
Attached Thumbnails e60 centre console-centreconsole.jpeg   e60 centre console-e60centreconsole.png  
Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Members

I'd have to have a better look at the trim pieces I have, as your car is a pre-facelift model and the tunnel trim I have is post-facelift. Looking on the EPC, the part numbers seem to be the same, but this surprises me as I know the ashtray is in a different position and the idrive controller is a completely different shape. I can't see how it would fit with the cutouts in the pre-facelift trim.

Anyway, I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi, 6 spd MT, Tiefgruen, Nav, Traffic, Comfort Access, Sat Radio, iPodPremium/Cold WX Pkgs

That's not a bad idea. I have the same interior as you but for a LHD model. I think I will tone things down and make things look cleaner by putting in black carpet mats. I would consider swapping some beige for black as well. but won't hold my breath.

Good luck.
Charlie
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Members

I've had a look at the spare trim I have and I don't think it'll help you. The cutouts for the idrive controller, gear surround and ashtray are different on the facelift part and I can't see any way you could make it fit. Also, the armrest pads I have are the two piece type (with the sliding rest) so they won't fit either (unless you can see a way to convert yours to that style of armrest).