E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Car Audio (2010 535i)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by H F
thanks for the explination,, But okay,,i have a 300 4channel amp puhing the stock factory speakers, and a 500 pushing my woofer..and a additional EQ.. will a mobride give me a better sound ,, ? Will it make that much of a difference in quality, then what i have now..... ??
I don't believe in your circumstance that the mobridge would be the most logical next step. You would likely see a more noticeable improvement by upgrading your speakers first. I don't have the mobridge myself, and have done a complete system upgrade. The only reason it got brought up was because there was a question about how to get a fully digital signal path. That's one of the ways, but its not completely necessary.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 03-31-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I don't believe in your circumstance that the mobridge would be the most logical next step. You would likely see a more noticeable improvement by upgrading your speakers first. I don't have the mobridge myself, and have done a complete system upgrade. The only reason it got brought up was because there was a question about how to get a fully digital signal path. That's one of the ways, but its not completely necessary.
Actually the stock speakers sound great with the 300 amp hooked up and the additional EQ I was surprised on how good they sound, im pretty happy with them.. Ok,,, so then the mobride picksup the digital signal from the optic fiber cable then ? Im going to look into the iStream cause i think it will help the sound quality from my i phone.. Thanx for the info Subter glad i read this post.. Never even heard of the iStream till now...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by H F
Actually the stock speakers sound great with the 300 amp hooked up and the additional EQ I was surprised on how good they sound, im pretty happy with them.. Ok,,, so then the mobride picksup the digital signal from the optic fiber cable then ? Im going to look into the iStream cause i think it will help the sound quality from my i phone.. Thanx for the info Subter glad i read this post.. Never even heard of the iStream till now...
I'm going to order an iStreamer 12V myself to test it out.

Right now, I'm running a basic Apple Composite cable into my BitOne... but I'm getting some alternator noise due to the charging connection that was rigged for me. My hope is that the iStreamer may offer a better solution and cure the alternator noise for me.

I also have an iPad with an optical digital output going directly into my BitOne, and that sounds absolutely fantastic. No noise at all. But the only drawbacks are the cable won't charge the iPad while connected, and obviously an iPad in the front of the car is very unwieldy. I'm hoping I can run the iStreamer in the trunk with a really long USB cable running to the front, that way I can use a super-short RCA cable into the BitOne to minimize the chance for induced noise. I'll test it out and if it doesn't work well, just return the iStreamer.