E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 aircond and fan problem help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,im having 2 problems in my car first is the radiator fan is only going to high speed after 10minutes of running.i have change the thermostat,radiator and the obd shows no error at all.the second thing is my aircond im having this problem almost a year and it only happens after 1 hour of non stop driving or long journey,the air start to blow less and there is a bassy noise when i put the air cond full and it will be back normal after 15minutes,i have change the compressor,blower and also dont show any error on obd too.can someone help me out and is it dangerous when the car is running in high speed.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 BMW 530I

Who did you have the the work on the car when changing the compressor and blower. Your fan is over compensating for something that was done wrong. I think if you focus on that issue first the ac will be worked out with it.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan
Who did you have the the work on the car when changing the compressor and blower. Your fan is over compensating for something that was done wrong. I think if you focus on that issue first the ac will be worked out with it.
the aircond problem i was having it almost a year and my mechanic told me to try changing the compressor and i did last week.after i change the compressor the fan start to go high speed every 5-10minutes of running and the aircond problem still there even after the compressor change.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Members

Likely your water pump is on it's way out, When the car/radiator starts to overheat the AC pump starts to suffer causing the gowning noise and warmer air. I would go into the 'secret menu' and check the engine temperature when the issue starts. Yes it could be bad and lead to premature AC failure if this is the issue.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bcromwell
Likely your water pump is on it's way out, When the car/radiator starts to overheat the AC pump starts to suffer causing the gowning noise and warmer air. I would go into the 'secret menu' and check the engine temperature when the issue starts. Yes it could be bad and lead to premature AC failure if this is the issue.
but the plugged in obd shows no error on the water pump?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Members

Will not show anything until it completely fails.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bcromwell
Will not show anything until it completely fails.
so i should change my water pump? will it solve my air cond problem as well.tq
Old 06-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Members

I would check the engine temp first and see if it's running warm. Water pumps not cheap
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 BMW 530I

I would double check and make sure you check the pressure charge for your AC. That also can make your fan run that high. When you check the pressure check it with two different pressure gauges to make sure you are getting the correct reading. How many miles do you have on it? I am not saying that its not the pump, its just unlikely at this point.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

If your compressor was changed check to make sure it was filled to BMW's specs and not "mechanic" specs. Have your tech check to make sure it's at about 33psi.

Quick Reply: e60 aircond and fan problem help!!