E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 530i How to Retrofit DVD CCC

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Won't let me PM you.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Members

I'll install the fan harness today and keep this forum updated on my progress for others to reference.

I am at a loss for the blue circle/white plug - have no idea what it could be. I really do not want to lose the bluetooth, I will search for a retrofit forum and back track to see if I can predict what might happen. I know it is a separate module so once it is all re-programmed, I am hoping it will work. Anyone with any ideas/suggestions?

Yes, I have swapped the iDrive controls so that the HIGH resistance controller with dual button (menu/voice) is in the retro vehicle.

Email sent.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Members

The results after swapping over the systems.

DONOR CAR (now fitted with the standard CCC, 6.5" LCD, Low iDrive toggle):
- On ignition start, displays "Head Unit not coded correctly". This message can be erased by selecting the "back" arrow in top left corner of screen.
- After the message is cleared, it goes to the "Accept" disclaimer message, then standard BMW menu/home screen. All features work (Radio, CD, Navigation, Climate Control)
- HOWEVER, new problem: AIRBAG and SEATBELT signs remain lit on the instrument cluster and LCD displays "Airbag System Restraint Fault". There is a airbag module under the centre console near the iDrive toggle, and some other wires running around there - all seems to be plugged in OK. I have checked all fuses, all fine. I have pulled the Airbag fuse, the light goes out on the cluster but car will not go due to "Electronic System Failure". New priority, need fixed before I can sell the car. Suggestions what it could be/quick fix?

RETROFIT CAR (now fitted with the DVD CCC, 8.8" LCD, High iDrive toggle):
- So far, no problems found. Everything seems to work just fine (Radio, CD, Navigation, Climate Control and Bluetooth all functional). Doesn't appear to need reprograming.
- Voice command button on steering wheel and iDrive toggle activate voice prompt but it cannot hear my input and asks me to repeat the command. Suggestions?
- I have tried to play a DVD but it does not play. To be honest, I never checked this in the Donor car so I am not sure if it was ever possible to play DVDs. This could be a ignorant question, but is the DVD drive only for the GPS software or can/is it suppose to play DVD movies as well?
- The "TV" option is displayed under the Entertainment menu, but is greyed out and unable to select. Presumming because the TV tuner module is not installed. I think I have found the module in the boot, image attached. Can anyone confirm if this is it? Looks to be a nightmare removing it I think, anyone have any guides on where the cables run in the car?
- In Reverse, the mirrors to do not auto tilt down. Now I am doubting myself whether they did this before I swapped the systems. Is there a DIY guide to activate this feature? (In the donor car, the passenger side mirror auto tilts down but the drivers side does not)

I have attached a image of the cable running from the CCC to the Fan for others to reference. It does turn back in the harness, and measures about 60cm in length.

Lastly I have attached a image of the "white plug" from the donor car. I removed this out of the larger square plug and pulled back in the harness and it's sitting in the glovebox. I did not plug it into the standard CCC. I am intrigued to figure out what this is? Is it part of the TV or voice command or tyre pressure monitor? I cant think of what else it could be? Before I sell the car, I want to figure out whether I should A) Remove from donor and install into retro, after figuring out what it is and where it goes? or Forget it, leave it handing in the glovebox of the donor? or C) Forget it and plug back into the standard CCC of the donor?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Members

Also, I am not exactly sure if the systems in the vehicle are LOGIC 7, HIFI or STANDARD. Both vehicles have an area in the centre of the dash for a speaker, but it's a little awkward to see if there is a speaker there. Both vehicles do have rear speakers.

The donor car (DVD CCC) had the moving navigation map, therefore assuming it is the business GPS option. The retro car (standard CCC) only had the arrows.

Based on this, I will assume the donor had the LOGIC 7 system and the retro had the HIFI system.

I will check Owner Manuals and see if I can dig around with the VIN number and BMW to figure this out accurately.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

Voice command will not work because you are missing the microphone. It is seperate from the Bluetooth one.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

Pop the cover off the center grill if you see a speaker, it has logic7, if not, it does not.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Members

Neither vehicle has the centre speaker fitted, therefore taking the assumption they are both the HIFI system.

Any feedback on the AIRBAG/SEATBELT issue? Play DVD? TV Module? Auto tilt mirror? The "white plug/blue circle"?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Vehicle command will not easily work whether or not your have the microphone or not - dont go down that route. It needs an activation code called FSC or something and it will be hard and expensive to get it from the dealer. Once you are professional with coding, I would suggest googling for a leaked BMW disk with FSC activation codes for cars upto 2007 and then you can "load" that code into your car for the voice activation to work. Some members here can help - I haven't reached that skill-stage yet.

For the airbag/seatbelt, I would start by recoding the whole car, if not the new units with a new blank file (in NCSexpert). That would reset all settings to their default. The errors can be caused by unmatched settings in the new CCC that aren't compatible with the car.