E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

e60 530d 04 No instrument lights and not starting

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 10:43 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d
Model Year: 2004
Thumbs up [FIXED] e60 530d 04 No instrument lights and not starting

Morning all,

Came back to the car yesterday, noticed my instrument cluster lights were not turning on when turning key in ignition. Everything works except the instrument cluster and iDrive.

I can remote open/close the car, interior lights are working, parking lights.

- When I put the car in neutral and try to move the car it does show the warning sign of car moving. See cluster is working fine
- I dropped my key also the same day, could it be my transponder is broken? (but then I think my instrument cluster would turn on?
- Or could my CAS module be fried for whatever reason?

Checked all the fuses in the glove compartment and in the trunk / Checked with INPA but cannot get a connection because of the ignition.

FIXED :

Problem was the transponder in the key. Was no connection anymore so the e60 will not show any lights on the instrument panel.

Last edited by gJefe; 07-13-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Added solution
Old 07-12-2017, 11:11 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d
Model Year: 2004

Update: went to a keyshop yesterday to ask them if they could check my transponder in the key.

Guy told me it was broken so he will try to fix it today. If not then I will take out my CAS module and he has to reprogram (?) the module.

Will let you guys know what happened