E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 - 2005 - Sat Nav Pro - Is This Normal Behaviour??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E60 - 2005 - Sat Nav Pro - Is This Normal Behaviour??

While sat in the car this evening (as you do), i turned off the engine and removed the key, I could still hear the sat nav DVD player still reading the disc,

I sat in the car for a further 10 minutes and still could here the DVD player reading the disc, (disc spinning) -- Got out of the car, locked it and went back to it 5 minutes later...

Got in and could still here the disc spinning..

I have removed the disc a few times and tried the process again and its still the same... the disc has no major marks on it..

Is this normal behaviour??

I have removed the disc out of the drive as it can not be good for the battery if doing it for any long period of time... which leads on to another question:- Once the car has been locked, does it shut down the ECU/modules which control this, ie the power, to prevent any battery drain?

Can someone else try it on their car and advise if normal ?

ps.. its IDRIVE Pro.,

Cheers

Rick
Old 05-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

I had this experience as well...last week I had to wait for the wife to finish shopping and sat in the car with the ignition of and the key removed...
Every once in a while i could hear the dvd spinning and the iDrive knob had the kind of resistance while turning it...this during a couple of minutes, after that it returned to normal...after 10 min the whole thing would start again...
Old 05-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by greycoopers
I had this experience as well...last week I had to wait for the wife to finish shopping and sat in the car with the ignition of and the key removed...
Every once in a while i could hear the dvd spinning and the iDrive knob had the kind of resistance while turning it...this during a couple of minutes, after that it returned to normal...after 10 min the whole thing would start again...

Just been reading on a few other forums thats its normal for the E60 to this this..

Once the car is locked and goes into "sleep mode" it stops apparently..

Cheers

Rick