E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e60 2003 pre Lci Mask to 2007 Lci ,

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:04 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530D SE - Manual
Unhappy e60 2003 pre Lci Mask to 2007 Lci ,

recently a friend wrote off his 2007 LCI e60 525D AUTO ,i can get access to most of the parts for very cheap (insurance paid him out and he bought the car back for £350 ,the car i own is a e60 2003 Pre Lci ,my problems/solution.and where im up to, i will try to list here

Replaced standard non nav Mask Unit (11/2003 PreLCI) for a newer 8 button one from the 11/ 2007 car(above) ,at first Unit said Insert navigation DVD.followed by a "Not coded Correctly" screen ,i drive knob didnt work ,was able to use stereo thru wheel and buttons on unit ,happy that my new unit has mp3 capability,i decided to get it recoded to get rid of the warning and to pair the idrive to the chassis number/get controller working ,was happy as i picked it up but when i looked deeper ,now on the head unit all 8 buttons do nothing,the volume knob on the headunit does nothing ,and mp3 cds cant be read..,back and forward arrows dont work....... ,im thinking he's used a non business nav mask II pre 2005 where as the unit already had mp3 functionality
So ATM,eject works ,buttons on idrive controller work fine now no errors,and wheel functions work ,is there a possibility when he did the recode that he missed something,and somehow my head unit has is a earlier version of what it was ,im baffled by the buttons on the headunit not working ,he said he'll ring back within 24hrs .......,
im thinking he's used a non business nav mask II pre 2005 (not mp3 compat) where as the unit already had mp3 functionality and was from a 2007LCI ,from what i understand ,he must have coded out the navigation from the idrive menu(it shows OBC instead of Navigation ,i dont have the aerial ,and not bothering with it (Insert Navigation DVD still shows tho,) Tom Tom and garmin are better options

is this just a simple case of
+KMP3 needs to be added to the vehicle or VO and then recode.
Or would updating the mask unit fix it

any ideas anyone please.....
Old 09-19-2017, 02:07 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530D
Model Year: 2006

Hi
I did the same retrofit on mine you need to have the following code changed to have the 8 shortcut buttons working

Cappl

VA_FB
nicht_aktiv Change to 8_keys
VA_FB_COMMUNICATION
nicht_aktiv change to aktiv
VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT
VA_FB_NAVIGATION

As for Mp3 again it needs to be coded and set to full in CAS or CAPPL(at work right now so uncertain) if you want to play MP3 through the DVD drive
Old 09-19-2017, 03:51 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Misterbish
Hi
I did the same retrofit on mine you need to have the following code changed to have the 8 shortcut buttons working

Cappl

VA_FB
nicht_aktiv Change to 8_keys
VA_FB_COMMUNICATION
VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT
VA_FB_NAVIGATION

As for Mp3 again it needs to be coded and set to full in CAS or CAPPL(at work right now so uncertain) if you want to play MP3 through the DVD drive
thanks for the prompt reply,have taken car back today ,have also showed him the info you gave ,hopefully all fixed,collecting later today ,will keep you posted ,so in advance Thanks for support/answers Misterbish you da man!!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530D
Model Year: 2006

No problem hoped it helped, let us know how you get on
Old 09-19-2017, 09:00 AM
New Members

just got a call back,he said he had mp3 working but not the buttons ,he said the info above is for CCC/CIC dual drive (cd and dvd system) ,is he correct or just fobbing me off

said leave it with him overnight,but he may revert it back to when i brought it in and give me my money back ,so now im waiting but probably back to square one ,i have Teamspeak/Teamviewr/ncs expert/DIS/INPA /ediand the cables hoping someone could remotely do it ,think i also have sss progmon too
Old 09-20-2017, 12:34 PM
New Members

Smile

just got it back controller and i drive plus all 8 buttons working.wheel controls working ,mp3 functionality cd works ,also displays mp3 tags ,no longer asks for nav dvd

i used a company called BMMotorworks based in Stockport (UK) to sort it ,happy with results ,seems louder and more bass /treble on the newer unit

for clarification this is 2003 e60 530d pre lci standard mask unit (one without 8 buttons) replaced by 2008 (datecode on unit) 525d LCI 2008 mask 2 (8 buttons,mp3 compat,nav) which uses the business DVD navigation ,this is a single DVd.cd/mp3 player not the cd and dvd CCC setup

Last edited by Woodymcruk; 09-21-2017 at 02:44 PM. Reason: clarification of final result!!,its a valid possible mod