E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E-60 OPTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Everything is a matter of individual needs. But IMO, the sports package is a no brainer. It adds a totally different driving experience to a luxury car. BTW, I opted for aftermarket garmin navi because it works just as good, if not better than the costly BMW system. Plus it's mobile!!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

Option decisions are personal, I like to place the same importance from a budget and usage pespective before comfort.
Sports package (wheels, seats and suspension) is a must for the BMW driver.
Xenons add distinction to the looks fo the car, while cold weather package is needed for the country I live in.

Convenience options like GPS / L7 / HUD / Lane departure / ACC / Active steering and all other electronic jargon are of lower importance to me, I think they take the essence of driving away and make the driver lazier.
That is not good IMHO.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='431845' date='Jun 4 2007, 04:58 PM
I like the integrated garage door opener, mine works from farther away than yours apparently, I love the power folding mirrors based on where I park at work, and I love when my mirrors dim for me at night. Factor in what leather costs as a separate option and lumbar support if you don't get the sport package, and $2000 is not such a bad price for usable "bells and whistles." I get your point, but I just happen to like the stuff that comes with it, and wouldn't want to not have them...

Agreed. My (BMW) garage door opener works from 1/2 block away, much farther away than the openers supplied by the manufacturer.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Members

My Ride: E53 E60 E92

To me when buying a car, I am buying 3 things:
1)engine
2)chasis/supension
3)transmission

- So sport package is a must for me (I even decided to forgo xi since it sport package doesn't have the anti-roll stabilization).
- Sport auto trans is the next must for me.

Next come the superficial thing:
* I want leather and the garage door opener, don't care about dimming so I decided with premium.
The garage door opener is for safety, if you park outside and your car got broken in the burglar can get to your house with the clicker at hand not with the built-in garage door opener.
* Audio, I listen to radio alot so I gets both HD and premium sound
* With leather, you'll need heated seats during winter.
* I have small kids so rear-sunshades are must.

Like anything else you decide what goes in/out.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Banned

Woa that must be something on the 08s? The folding mirrors? That would be great-mine are not auto folding and I have premium and I never both to get out and fold them in for the car wash etc even though its recomended-I dont need it where I park or yes I would see how that is a deal breaker-always bad to assume What year car is that-an 08 with the folding mirrors?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='432067' date='Jun 5 2007, 10:54 AM
Woa that must be something on the 08s? The folding mirrors? That would be great-mine are not auto folding and I have premium and I never both to get out and fold them in for the car wash etc even though its recomended-I dont need it where I park or yes I would see how that is a deal breaker-always bad to assume What year car is that-an 08 with the folding mirrors?
New for '08, at least in US, not sure about whether they're on LCI elsewhere.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

here goes :
Media pack is good value and if you are buying prof nav then you may aswell have the 6 cd, voice activation and bluetooth.

Visibilty pack is great too, you get the xenons (essential IMHO on a prestige car), adaptive lights (cool for the UK , a waste of time on US straight roads) and the headlamp washers (gimmick).

HUD IS A KILLER OPTION. I cannot imagine ordering a beemer without it. I use it 100% of the time and despite what people say it doesnt detract from the driving experience.Quite the opposite. Its not a nannying device like Active cruise or the lane departure system.

TV is nice if you have a lot of dead time, but as mentioned elsewhere the signal reception is crap compared to Audis.

Comfort seats are great , will order on future cars

Heated seats are good but not essential.

Active seats are good only if you do huge miles.Not the relaxing massage experience i envisaged.

Sunroof I like, but probably not a deal breaker in future.

Dakota leather is nice but not as soft as i like.however I would be unlikely to pay for the even posher leather.

Folding mirrors, auto dimming rear view mirror. Essential to have folding mirrors for me.

Sun protection glass ,nice option.

Rear and side sunblinds , unecessary if you have the Sun protect glass IMHO

Extended lights pack -ridiculous option , should be standard.

High gloss shadowline -ditto!

Dark wood trim- essential as the aluminium cube looks super cheap. Should be no cost option.

Advanced air con , standard on my car but should standard on all 5's.

let you know if i think of any more phew!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

Question

Originally Posted by ressla' post='432230' date='Jun 5 2007, 03:45 PM
here goes :

Sun protection glass ,nice option.

I guess in US we do not have Sun protection glass option. Does it includes windshield glass too? How much is it anyway?
I love to have something clear with good solar heat protection glass/tint film on my windshield.