E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E-60 in North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hi everyone,

I have just returned to the UK from a two week holiday in Asheville, North Carolina.

To my surprise I only saw one E-60 on the road throughout my time in the City and its surrounding area. I saw several new 7 & 3 series on the roads.

I visited the BMW dealership in Asheville (opposite regional airport) and introduced myself to one of the salesman and discussed my E-60 spec to the equivelent model in the US. The showroom and forecourt were full of BMW products and plenty others in store. There did not appear to be a shortage of E-60's from the models on display.

Is Asheville, NC not receptive the E-60 or was I just unlucky with the sightings?

Regards

Alan
Old 11-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

I think that the E60 is mixed in between so many other models in the US market, that they aren't easily spotted. But they are around. I find that I won't see one for a long time, then I will see 3 in a few minutes time. It also helps if you are driving aroung the higher income areas.

BTW, you must still have jet lag, you're up way too late for UK time!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

To me its a new styling of the car. I did not like it at first but after a saw it and driven it for a first time i knew that it was an improvment over the older model.
Just want to bring it up i test drove the new Acura RL last week, i love the promo pictures for it but once i actually saw it and drove it i was totally put off the dash looks clattered with buttons personaly there I-Drive replica is more compared to Audi then to a BMW. I don't know if people noticed there are actually like 8 buttons on the stering wheel.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Asheville is a mountain community where they get a fair amount of snow. I am sure you saw plenty of X5and X3's owned out of necessity. Mountain folks in Asheville tend to be conservative and somewhat resistant to change. Also, the 3 and 7 series have been out considerably longer. Also we are the home of NASCAR which is dominated by chevys, dodges and Fords.

I live in Charlotte 2 1/2. The largest city in NC and there are plenty of new E60's on the road here as there are in other urban areas of North Carolina.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Asheville. It is truly a beautiful part of NC I hope you got to see the Biltmore and stayed and the luxurious Grove Park which is widely considered one of the best hotels in the world.

Regards from NC
Old 11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 7 2004, 07:29 PM
To me its a new styling of the car. I did not like it at first but after a saw it and driven it for a first time i knew that it was an improvment over the older model.
Just want to bring it up i test drove the new Acura RL last week, i love the promo pictures for it but once i actually saw it and drove it i was totally put off the dash looks clattered with buttons personaly there I-Drive replica is more compared to Audi then to a BMW. I don't know if people noticed there are actually like 8 buttons on the stering wheel.
[snapback]53636[/snapback]
agreed!!..and the interior and trunk are small too for the size of this car. (see the trunk..and you wont believe it.)....sooo smalll
Old 11-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Avro 525' date='Nov 7 2004, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I have just returned to the UK from a two week holiday in Asheville, North Carolina.

To my surprise I only saw one E-60 on the road throughout my time in the City and its surrounding area.? I saw several new 7 & 3 series on the roads.

I visited the BMW dealership in Asheville (opposite regional airport) and introduced myself to one of the salesman and discussed my E-60 spec to the equivelent model in the US. The showroom and forecourt were full of BMW products and plenty others in store. There did not appear to be a shortage of E-60's from the models on display.

Is Asheville, NC not receptive the E-60 or was I just unlucky with the sightings?

Regards

Alan
[snapback]53634[/snapback]
i always think we have the least e60 in this island . now we have competition .
Old 11-08-2004, 02:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lenk' date='Nov 7 2004, 07:50 PM
Asheville is a mountain community where they get a fair amount of snow.? I am sure you saw plenty of X5and X3's owned out of necessity. Mountain folks in Asheville tend to be conservative and somewhat resistant to change. Also, the 3 and 7 series have been out considerably longer. Also we are the home of NASCAR which is dominated? by chevys, dodges and Fords.

I live in Charlotte 2 1/2. The largest city in NC and there are plenty of new E60's on the road here as there are in other urban areas of North Carolina.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Asheville. It is truly a beautiful part of NC I hope you got to see the Biltmore and stayed and the luxurious Grove Park which is widely considered one of the best hotels in the world.

Regards from NC
[snapback]53640[/snapback]
Agree with above. There are plenty in Raleigh/Durham (aka "the Triangle" & best city in NC ). But those mountain roads would be fun in an e60.... Roadtrip in the spring...
Old 11-08-2004, 03:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I have to say they are very rare stil in the Chicago area. When I had my car on order, I was dying to spot one anywhere I could. In one week of heavy commuting in Chicago, I saw 3. It's kinda neat to know you don't have everyman's car.

Makes it feel rarer.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I see a lot of Bimmers in Austin area, but not many of them E60. However, there is one E60 545 Titanium parked on first floor of parking garage in our office.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Nov 8 2004, 12:58 PM
I see a lot of Bimmers in Austin area, but not many of them E60. However, there is one E60 545 Titanium parked on first floor of parking garage in our office.?
[snapback]53934[/snapback]
so did you ask the owner to be part of this warm family ?

Quick Reply: E-60 in North Carolina