E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dynamic Drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 05:03 PM
B525B

Dear fellow bimmer fans,

I have taken delivery of my black 525 justa coupla weeks ago.

While the car is really nice to drive, I keep on getting this nagging thought that I should really have installed DD.

Too lazy to call PML, anyone got any ideas about whether owners can have DD installed subsequently in Singapore?
Old 01-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

B525B, I think you can get the answer faster by calling PML. It takes more effort to post here than to call PML. By the way, I think DD not necessary in Singapore and even Kiasu King did not install DD. The reason is because we do not have winding roads here and we cannot push the car to the limit given the strict speed limit enforcement. So, don't be kiasu and waste your money. Cheers!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

DD is more than an active body roll system...it is as much a safety device as it works in conjunction with the DSC n CBC....but of cos most people who gets it (myself included) wants it for the ability to turn faster n sharper into bends n corners.

when I last checked, pml is NOT offering after mkt fitting of the system. The say its very complicated...and it involves linkages to wheel shafts n what nots...maybe in future.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:20 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Jan 10 2004, 01:25 AM
DD is more than an active body roll system...it is as much a safety device as it works in conjunction with the DSC n CBC....but of cos most people who gets it (myself included) wants it for the ability to turn faster n sharper into bends n corners.

when I last checked, pml is NOT offering after mkt fitting of the system.? The say its very complicated...and it involves linkages to wheel shafts n what nots...maybe in future.
options like DD; logic 7; adaptive head lite are factory fitted only I was told therefore gotta decide before the car is in production.
BTW DD is an option available for 530i onwards?..is this right?

B525B were you also in sepang or you experienced DD somewhere else? I guess the sepang excursion spoilt us har? if not for that what do we care about DD other than reading how good they are at all!?

i was torn between getting the car in nov and mar (of course the extra $9K to go with it...) with DD ...like 530i said it gives confidence when taking corner or bend at higher speed.

lately I pushed my car harder after 2000km in couple of instances which i think i would appreciate DD. once I was at Thomson road turning into road for PIE towards Steven road at about 70 to 80kph while the car didn't roll that much ..the tyres were screaming. I must have attracted unwanted attention from all the cars sitting at the light on a 9am traffic. The other instance was along Sth Buana Vista towards Holland road at the not so gradul bent but at close to 100kph... DD would have brought the car in without having to take my feet off the gas and onto the brakes.
again... I also think DD comes in handy if the car is also a speed demon. after the 320i with my current 530i, as I have always been less gentle on the gas pedal and I found myself overtaking and taking corners more at higher speed and it is hard work to be sedate . Hm... gotta watch that for sake of my license.

530i...coming in from M3... DD is a must must must for you !

cheers
Old 01-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

zag

DD is available for 525 onwards.

cant compare wif M3....M3 has a differend suspension system on its own...the shocks n springs in a different class...not tailored towards comfort driving altho they r not harsh when pushed...M3 has a lower CG n chasis is not only 50/50 front back...but they balance left n right side as well...also under carriage dynamics for air flow was considered.

but i agree i was spoilt by sepang experience...
Old 01-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

Still haven't ordered the 530, deciding on colour and trim. Aw man! all this talk about DD and I think I gonna have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find 9K for the option

My wife wants the sunroof, so it'll be like almost 15K of options after including Professional Radio and 124 rims.

eggz
Old 01-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

BTW, anyone has any idea whether PML are able to retrofit options like xenons, PDC, HiFi system.....
Old 01-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Kaisu King

Ed, yes, there is retrofit for xenon, PDC and HiFi. The sales girls told me PDC will only come in 2nd half of this year.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

thanks kiasu but any idea abt the cost?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Members

Ed, I think the xenon is about $1,000 plus, PDC, $3,000 plus. HiFi I have no idea but should be also $3,000.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Drive