E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DVD Vedio, is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hi Guys, I got the BMW 530i model 2005 with Navigation. In the center, i got 2 drives, 1 for the CD player, and the Other for the Navigation DVD... When i try to load a DVD Movie, it doesn't load... My other friends with the 2007 model is able to load DVD Movies and their car is exactly like mine...

Can any one advice how can i make DVD movie work in my car?

Regards.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Your other friend is telling you pokie pies.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Members

So it is not possible?

But i've seen it by my self... I brought a DVD movie, load it in the DVD navi drive and works... what might be add to the car? you think he might add something to the car? or he replaced the drive it self with a DVD player?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

I've never heard of a BMW E60 being able to play DVDs via the Navigation drive on the OEM screen. I'm not saying its not possible but till date I've not seen that happen. Tell you what, since you say that you have done this yourself in your friends car, why don't you post some pictures or a video of that car. Maybe then we'll be able to explain how he does it.

If what you are saying is correct I think he has installed an aftermarket DVD drive below his single drive and then connected that up to the OEM screen via some aftermarket video device.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI E60 225dA

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540978' date='Mar 7 2008, 10:21 AM
I've never heard of a BMW E60 being able to play DVDs via the Navigation drive on the OEM screen. I'm not saying its not possible but till date I've not seen that happen. Tell you what, since you say that you have done this yourself in your friends car, why don't you post some pictures or a video of that car. Maybe then we'll be able to explain how he does it.

If what you are saying is correct I think he has installed an aftermarket DVD drive below his single drive and then connected that up to the OEM screen via some aftermarket video device.
hello,
this is what I found on a german site in Cologne . They are saying that DVD playback is possible.

http://www.tv-freischaltung.net/what...ctivation.html
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Contributors

I did not say DVD playback on the screen was not possible. Its just not possible via the drives that BMW provide in the Dash. Yes you can connect additional DVD players and connect it via your TV Tuner, ACM or NAV-TV. But the guy above seems to suggest that his 'friend' can do it without any of these devices.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI E60 225dA

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540995' date='Mar 7 2008, 11:31 AM
I did not say DVD playback on the screen was not possible. Its just not possible via the drives that BMW provide in the Dash. Yes you can connect additional DVD players and connect it via your TV Tuner, ACM or NAV-TV. But the guy above seems to suggest that his 'friend' can do it without any of these devices.
quote from that site :
(i guess their english is not that good)
In modern cars navigation systems are equipped with a TV-Tuner, i.e. the navigation system enables the passengers to watch TV on its screen whilst driving. In case the navigation system has a DVD-player in most cases DVD-Films are to be watched, too.
We realize TV-Activation by programming the Tv-Module by means of Onboard Diagnostic Interface (OBD Interface) of the motorcar. Many vehicles need a TV-Module to be installed for TV-Activation can be cancelled everytime.

BMW 5er E60 Navi-TV i-Drive ? 249,- - I guess that price doesn't include any hardware
maybe we should ask them some questions about the system...
the good part is that i'm picking up my car from cologne next week
Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Contributors

I know those TV-FREE and NAVI-TV devices too well. It does not allow you to use the DVD drive in the dash.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:13 AM
Members

I am gonna meet my friend today and i will take some photos through my cellphone and post it over here, and i will ask him if he added anything through the dealer.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Members

so any news about the dvd video playable on front screen?

Quick Reply: DVD Vedio, is it possible?