E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

Is there a way to have a map direction of travel come up automatically each time I start the car or only the standard menu. It's annoying to have to maneuver to it each time.

I'm sure this has been asked before but didn't see it in the FAQ
Old 12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

In US, you will ALWAYS get the disclaimer screen first... followed by the Main Menu after you click the iDrive controller.

The only exception is when starting the car and a previous Navigation Destination is resumed.

As a shortcut to get to your favorite screen... you should do the following:

1. Start Car.

2. Accept Disclaimer

3. Press Voice Command button

4. Say "Map... Direction of Travel"
Old 12-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Members

My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='215741' date='Dec 26 2005, 06:46 PM
In US, you will ALWAYS get the disclaimer screen first... followed by the Main Menu after you click the iDrive controller.

The only exception is when starting the car and a previous Navigation Destination is resumed.

1. Start Car.

2. Accept Disclaimer

Thanks, I was afraid of that. annoying isn't it?

The other peeve is there is no "back" or "previous screen" command for when the voice command royally messes up by throwing you into phone, say, when you were looking at a map or in an entertainment menu
Old 12-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

1. Start Car.

2. Accept Disclaimer

5, on the split screen if you click in Current Position, the street names or highway will come up on the screen along with the city as you travel on or through them.Pretty cool.
cheers
vern
Old 12-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Contributors

1. Start Car.

2. Accept Disclaimer

==>> 2 . Accept Disclaimer, that it is longer needs it on 06. On my 06 it goes away by itself like after a few seconds. Not like on my 04 that I was forced to click 'accept'
Old 12-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Cyclist' post='215742

1. Start Car.

2. Accept Disclaimer

Thanks, I was afraid of that. annoying isn't it?

The other peeve is there is no "back" or "previous screen" command for when the voice command royally messes up by throwing you into phone, say, when you were looking at a map or in an entertainment menu

[/quote]
Yes, I want a back button or command too. In place of 3 and 4, after accepting, try pulling the joy stick to the right and holding briefly (but not necessarily until the screen changes). If the screen you want was showing last, then following my procedure may bring it right back. I always use this procedure to get back to my last entertainment screen.